Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 24, 2006
Whilst driving home from the latest weekly instalment of the sweaty kickathon that is Sunday 5-a-side football I saw the peculiar sight of an old man walking along the pavement with a leashed tortoise!

So what bizarre things have you seen that have caused you to do a double-check?

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
There used to be a 1 eyed chap who would walk his alsation on the local quarry with a parrot on his shoulder.

JG271

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2007
UK
Whilst we're on the subject of people walking strange things...
There is a woman near where I live who walks a ferret around on a lead. Someone else walks her chihuahua in a bee costume (the dog has the bee costume, not her:p)
Great thread idea btw!

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
Back in Coventry, in the 80s, I used to frequently see a guy walking and using a CB radio.
He had a backpack with batteries and an aerial attached, and would carry the CB unit.

In Newport there's a guy who has a trolly with 4 or 5 of those big office cooler water bottles, full of water. He then proceeds to empty them from the bridge into the river Usk. When I lived near the river I would see him do this every day.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
A man eat a PBJ at lunchtime. He very carefully unwrapped it, cut it in half, then pulled out a fork and mashed the hell out of it before delicately eating it one fork-full at a time. It was just this small pile of bread, peanut butter and jam pulp when he was done. That was weird.

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
When I lived in Southern California in the 80's there were a couple of people with knick knacks glued over the entire exterior of the car driving around, except the Windows.

anjinha

macrumors 604
Oct 21, 2006
San Francisco, CA
I saw a man on the subway. He was about forty, bald, with a big belly and a hitler-like moustache. He was wearing a tshirt that said "I'm looking for a woman who will adopt the animal in me".

wvuwhat

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2007
I was on vacation with a friend, going from NoVa to Charlotte NC. We were on a large highway through Raleigh/Cary, not sure what it was, 4 lanes on each side. I'm driving in the left lane at 8AM in the morning and I see a guy in the lane in front of me riding a bicycle. So I get over and by the time I get up on him there is already a cop behind him pulling him over. Not everyday you see a bicycle in the fast lane...

iJohnHenry

macrumors P6
Mar 22, 2008
On tenterhooks
I've seen a couple of good ones, in Toronto, over the years.

There was the guy walking up and down Yonge St, trying to exorcise the devil out of every fire-hydrant he came upon.

But the best was the Queen of Sweden, so called because she had a sandwich board over her head, with what can only be described as an eclectic message, in very small print, about how she was the real Queen of Sweden.

I'm sure they have been replaced over the years, <sob>, but I have been retired for a while, and don't go wandering the streets of T.O. during lunch or bar-hopping after work.

apsterling

macrumors 6502a
Nov 24, 2007
A Turkey Vulture in my backyard. I waited about five minutes till I went back to the yard.

macworkerbee

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2008
Nice thread topic.

Recently when in the subway station I saw the blind leading the blind. Literally, I saw two blind people walking one in front of the other with the second one holding on to the first one's elbow. They both had walking sticks and dark sunglasses and were running into people left and right (it was rush hour on a Thursday).

I couldn't believe that it actually happens.

ErikCLDR

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2007
I've seen many peculiar things...

A unicylcist crossing the road in the middle of a very prestigious town.

A mime walking down the street.

A person wheel chairing across the road in the middle of nowhere.

A llama in the back of a minivan.

Two motorcyclists that were so bad one of them almost hit a car and the other almost fell over (scary but weird),

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
I saw the reclusive Leopard Man, a resident of Skye in Scotland about nine months ago. He was wearing a suit (quite a bit more than the norm of a thong, apparently), sitting on the train I was taking to Glasgow.

That was odd. Feel free to Google search, but remember. Old man in thong. :p

Up until 2006, he held the record for the most tattooed person in the world, at 99.2 percent coverage. The bloke that holds it now is at 100%, gums, lips, eyelids, in between the fingers and toes, everything. Ouch.

I've seen many, many totally bizarre, worrying and scary things, but I'll keep them for another thread. Lawl.

Mammoth

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2005
Canada
Saw some zombies walking down the street once. (For real)

Another time I saw a guy taking his lama for a walk. (Just on the edge of downtown)

Phillyzero

macrumors regular
May 1, 2008
I walked into the library washroom recently and happened upon the university librarian with his pants all the way down and his tighty-whities pulled slightly quite low in the frontal area. It should be noted that though I don't like to put people into boxes, he does genuinely have a pedophile mustache (he's in his early to mid 40s) and has hair plugs. He also stood quite distant from the actual urinal and as there were only two urinals (and I had to really go), I stood right beside him and could see him looking at me through the corner of my eye. I felt violated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.