Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MWhiskerton

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2011
I'm just curious about the accuracy of the Battery Level indicator. My mouse batteries are at 5% and I'm wondering if they will last a few more days or if I should replace them now.

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA
I'm just curious about the accuracy of the Battery Level indicator. My mouse batteries are at 5% and I'm wondering if they will last a few more days or if I should replace them now.

They will last 5% more, how long that takes depends on your usage. Should you replace them now....well that's up to you.

Apple2

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2010
Providence, RI
Replace them now. Even though they will probably last a bit longer, you don't want to be in the middle of something when they die. Best to just get it out of the way so you don't have to worry.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Replace them now. Even though they will probably last a bit longer, you don't want to be in the middle of something when they die. Best to just get it out of the way so you don't have to worry.

Agreed, batteries are cheap, no need to drain every last watt out of them. If you are down to 5% I would just say replace them - it's not as though the battery indicator is overly generous i.e. you could actually keep using the device for months. It would suck for the batteries to go while you're in the middle of something important, so I'd say just get 'er done and swap in a nice new set.

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
Have a new set ready so that you can swap them the moment the current batteries are empty.

The battery indicator level also depends on the type of battery. With rechargeable batteries for example, my experience is that when they drop below 15-20% they will only last for a short time. T

vankata

macrumors member
May 22, 2010
Sofia, Bulgaria
If your batteries are rechargeable, it is better not to drain all of their power, because the battery life will be reduced and you will must buy new batteries. When my batteries are between 10 - 15 % i change them with new fully recharged.

Xenc

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2010
London, England
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

You will need to replace them when it reaches 0%.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
I find I need to replace my batteries once they dip below 10%, else the trackpad will just switch off by itself and not my my comp detect. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.