what phone could I use?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 08mxkfx, Nov 28, 2007.

1. 08mxkfx macrumors regular

08mxkfx

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

I'm looking to get a cheap phone that my at&t sim card will fit in from my iPhone. What is a cheap phone that I could use? I don't need a camera its just for snowboarding so I don't ruin my iPhone. I don't want to spend alot and dont need manny features except text messaging.

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

ebay is your friend!

I found a used razr on there pretty cheap, and it had a camera so I could still take pics while I was out.

3. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

You can go with pretty much anything...find something used and you'll save a bunch of money. I'd shoot for one that is compatible with iSync. That way, you can sync all of your contacts with the phone really quickly and easily.

4. mpw Guest

Not necessary if you can store your contact on the SIM. Can you do this on the iPhone? You can on every phone I've ever used.

I'd vote for a cheap Nokia, they seem bullet-proof in my experience, and I've dropped them a hundred times, including into the bath and off of the car roof!

They do do a 'tough' one too (5040?) which would be ideal if you can find one second hand, it even has an altimeter IIRC for mountain sports.