What Phone to buy?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by papadopolis1024, Oct 23, 2007.

1. papadopolis1024 macrumors 6502

I do not want an iPhone.

I am looking to spend less then 80$ on AT&T, Anyone got any ideas on what phone to get? :confused:

2. jayb2000 macrumors 6502a

jayb2000

I have the Sony Ericson W810 and really like it.
    Very good reception and I like the contact list format. Plus a music player, camera, video camera, etc. Lots of organizer functions, games, you name it.

I just looked at their site and only see the W580i. I would guess the UI is similar, but have not tried it. The rest seems very similar from looking at SE's site. its 79.99 right now.

In the past, I have used Nokia and Motorola, and the SE interface is so much better.

3. DerChef macrumors 6502

DerChef

Most people wont look beyond Nokia or Sony Erik

If you like a slim slider type my vote goes to the Samsung D900i great camera, implements java well and not a bad MP3 player.

Battery indicator is pants though :(

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I love my SE K750i. It's perfect and I hope it never breaks. I'm sure you could find one somewhere for less than $80, no?

5. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

For the last few years ive had Nokia's, they are ok as long as you don't want all the bells and whistles, Sony Ericssons handsets, in fact i think i'll be getting another SE after christmas, personally i like the w960i :D

but i feel sorry for one of the guys i work with, known on here as spoon man,
    he was looking at this:
    http://www.mobilegazette.com/itt-easy-use-phone-07x10x16.htm
    i think he wants value, ....... comedy value :eek: :p :D

6. papadopolis1024 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well I went with the Sony Ericsson W580i in black... I have heard things about the keyboard I hope I will get used to them and I hope they are not too small but over all it looks cool... I have always wanted a slider phone too so win - win.

7. wimic macrumors regular

wimic

I just bought a K1M Krzr... good phone. the best part is that it comes with software for you to crop your own ringers! woop woop :)

8. papadopolis1024 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well the phone has come via fedex and I AM LOVING IT! I have always liked the slider phones and this is the first I have owned and boy is it great! I will give an update in a day or two on what I like and dont like about it.

9. jayb2000 macrumors 6502a

jayb2000

Its been over a week, what are your impressions?

Just wondering if I might upgrade my w810 at some point.