Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
I would go to blackberry storm 2. I gave up on anything windows mobile and android doesn't impress me at all. I always had battery and lag issues with Nokia smartphones. I had a BB curve 8900 and loved it so if not for the iPhone the storm 2 would be the closest reliable replacement I can think of.

macbarton

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2009
Florida Keys
iPhone vs BB Strom

Hey all you dude and dudet's I had an iphone it used to the greatest phone I ever owned. I had one little problem with it I got it wet real wet I think it stopped working after that, I say I think because I haven't be able to find it I deep 6 it off a fishing boat I work on. I replaced with a Blackberry Storm better coverage with Verizon in the FL Keys but bad bad phone sub standard bad phone. On the other hand the superior iPhone has a superior price thats why I sold out to the inferior product.

greygray

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009
A HTC HD2. Pre isn't on my list as I dislike that small little cramped keyboard.

Donz0r

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2006
HTC Hero.

Palm pre = fail due to keyboard for me, but I like the OS.

if it were the future, I'd take a Motorola Droid minus the keyboard or the Xperia X10.

Nothing has dethroned the iPhone, and idk if anything ever will in terms of number of units sold. But as far as what I think the most superior phone out there is, the competition is getting close (finally).

wowipod

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2008
Queensland
I would probably choose the Xperia X10 or HTC HD2.

Just looked at the Xperia X10 and if it works well, it could definitely be a major competitor in this market.

EDIT: Seeing things like the Xperia X10 really makes me think if I will get another iPhone after my current contract ends. The UI really looks impressive and I have always liked Sony Ericsson.

koobcamuk

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
I would probably choose the Xperia X10 or HTC HD2.

Just looked at the Xperia X10 and if it works well, it could definitely be a major competitor in this market.

EDIT: Seeing things like the Xperia X10 really makes me think if I will get another iPhone after my current contract ends. The UI really looks impressive and I have always liked Sony Ericsson.

When is the X10 out? I used an X1 for a while and really liked it - but windows mobile was a bit clunky.

The new X2 is out either now or very soon... when is the X10 due to be launched?

yetanotherdave

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2007
Bristol, England
If you can't have the iphone, no point, just give up and get an old school nokia 2110. No other phone will come close so why bother?

ok, seriously, my wife has the htc magic, it's very nice, I'd probably get a hero.

Winni

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
Germany.
Let's pretend they stopped making the iPhone, and you had to give yours up. There is no possible way to own an iPhone anymore.

What phone would you turn to?

The one that I'm using right now: A Motorola Razr V3i.

I could get and afford an iPhone, but I see zero reason to get one. I don't care for mobile high-tech toys and in my book, a phone is there for exactly one purpose: To make an outgoing phone call when necessary. I don't need or want it for anything else, and I don't like to be available all the time. Call it occupational hazard - I've been on 24/7 on call duty too often in my life.

I have an iPod Touch that I use in my car, but I use it as exclusively as a music player. I use a real computer for everything else.

kornhill

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2009
I think I would prefer having no cellphone if its no iphone. Bought my iphone last week, it´s my first cell phone since 10 years. Until last week I never missed a mobile.... But this iphone thing has made me addicted at once :)

YoungLew

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2009
I got mine on launch day so if i had to go back in time, i'd probably get a SE dumb phone.

But if i had to abandon my 3GS right now today, i'd go with either Motorola Droid/Milestone, HTC HD2 or Nokia N900.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
I could get and afford an iPhone, but I see zero reason to get one. I don't care for mobile high-tech toys and in my book, a phone is there for exactly one purpose: To make an outgoing phone call when necessary.

Kinda curious why you're in an iphone discussion forum? :confused:

iceterminal

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2008
Dallas Tx.
This is easy...what phone?

The cheapest POS out there. Why? I don't need a smart phone, I just don't. I have the iphone because its a nice neat toy.
Droid? Sure, but why?
Blackberry? Ok..but again why?

Maybe after the Droid matures and gets applications like the iPhone does, maybe. But I don't live or die by my cell phone.

Besides, my wife has nicer gadgets and widgets to play with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.