what player do you use?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by macjacky11, Jun 23, 2011.

1. macjacky11 macrumors member

Greetings!! I would like to know what players you guys like to use on your ipads for movies? Sth that supports a wide range of format like mp4 , rmvb...... as well as air play? I will be grateful if you can share with me what you have. :)

2. CleverName macrumors newbie

Zumocast was the most used, but it's getting buggier with each iOS release (they haven't been updating it since they got bought by motorola).

I'm looking for a replacement, and I haven't found one that works quite as well. OPlayer is close, but it doesn't play all files and downloading files to the device is not as easy (no queuing).

3. solaris macrumors 6502a

solaris

AVPlayerHD for me.
    But then I have not tried any other players, as this one works fine and have the features I need.

4. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

5. macjacky11 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for sharing. I will look into the ones mentioned here.

6. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I have a similar but different question. Hope you don't mind if I thread-jack since it is related....

Along with what player, what (legal) source of media do you use and does it require conversion? I'll be spending 3 weeks in Asia soon and want to load 4-5 movies to watch while flying and on the train.

7. nwbusa macrumors regular

Well, the two options I can think of are 1) buy the media from iTunes, or 2) use Handbrake to convert DVDs you own to .mp4 for your iDevice.

8. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I've considered these and I'm unhappy so far with both.

Option 1 seems over priced. Looking for an alternative that's not as pricey and perhaps I can use on other devices besides my iOS devices.

Option 2 requires I buy the DVD. I have stacks of DVDs I never watch so buying DVDs is something I plan to never do again.