General What potential feature of iOS 7 will make you unJailbreak

wknapp0924

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
Honolulu, HI
For me I don't think there is a feature worth it to un-jailbreak. My JB makes my phone the most functional it has ever been.

iOS 7 would need something like the following to even consider:

JellyLock
Auxo like switcher
swipe up to reveal multitasking, the double click on home has to go away!
Can we get Safari Downloader?
Be able to put more than 4 apps on the dock, have a scrolling dock with a coverflow look.
Obviously a NC widgets section
Live Weather and Clock Icon.
Some way to close all running apps at one touch for those with OCD.

Well that is my list, so it doesn't look like I will be upgrading anytime soon. Any other must haves or will you all wait until ios7 is jailbreakable?

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
I use jailbreak to force my Wifi to be on all the time (no cell signal at work), to bypass "needs-Wifi" restriction, to allow unlimited icons in a folder, to lock folders, and for easier/more efficient task switcher. If iOS 7 can provide all that, which it won't, I will "un-jailbreak". :)

For me I don't think there is a feature worth it to un-jailbreak. My JB makes my phone the most functional it has ever been.

iOS 7 would need something like the following to even consider:

JellyLock
Auxo like switcher
swipe up to reveal multitasking, the double click on home has to go away!
Can we get Safari Downloader?
Be able to put more than 4 apps on the dock, have a scrolling dock with a coverflow look.
Obviously a NC widgets section
Live Weather and Clock Icon.
Some way to close all running apps at one touch for those with OCD.

Well that is my list, so it doesn't look like I will be upgrading anytime soon. Any other must haves or will you all wait until ios7 is jailbreakable?

WordMasterRice

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
Upstate NY
I would love to have things like Auxo, Zephyr and most importantly Copic but iOS6 will be the last iOS that I jailbreak. 1 jailbreak of iOS 6 nearly 6 months after it was released is not worth the wait. Especially when after 2 weeks apple releases a patch and then if you accidentally find yourself updating you are screwed until the next iOS revision. This go around I'll have already spent more time unjailbroken than jailbroken and who knows how bad it will be of 7.

wknapp0924

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
Honolulu, HI
Oh I forgot the best JB tweak ever created! F.LUX, and I would also like a miniplayer in iOS, I love switching songs while I am in other apps. Zephyr is great, but I only use it for the swipe up command. Some of these features are so simple and it blows my mind Apple hasn't implemented them.

lukejc1

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2013
Wisconsin
I don't know if there is one feature that iOS could offer that would get me to lose my jailbreak. I wouldn't want to be without DietBulletin, Double At, FolderEnhancer, PasswordPilot, and Zephyr. So if most or all of these features were in it I would consider it.

Here's to a quick iOS 7 jailbreak!

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
I will remain on 6.1.2 until the iOS7 jailbreak comes out. Apple never adds enough features nor do they ever add enough of my jailbreak features, to ever warrant the early upgrade. I always wait until a jailbreak comes out, then I upgrade to the next iOS version (in this case some version of iOS7) and re-jailbreak. Been doing it this way for many years now and haven't been swayed to do it differently. Just my 2 cents.

wknapp0924

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
Honolulu, HI
I will remain on 6.1.2 until the iOS7 jailbreak comes out. Apple never adds enough features nor do they ever add enough of my jailbreak features, to ever warrant the early upgrade. I always wait until a jailbreak comes out, then I upgrade to the next iOS version (in this case some version of iOS7) and re-jailbreak. Been doing it this way for many years now and haven't been swayed to do it differently. Just my 2 cents.
Yea, that is exactly how I will be, because I don't think I will want the 5S and will wait for Iphone 6. I got the 4s after having the 4 mostly for Siri and I regretted losing my JB for that decision.

tygrubb

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Another hoot for f.lux. That is an absolute requirement for me. That would keep me on my 4S with iOS6 even in the days of iOS8 and beyond if there is no JB for iOS7.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
1, f.lux
2, Call recording for both Skype and traditional calls
3, symlinks
4, true background running

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2008
California
I'll wait till iOS 7 is jailbroke, there are so many features they could add by using Cydia tweaks as ideas. Yet they prefer to be stubborn and almost stagnate.

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
It would have to allow me to use my unlimited data any way I choose.

I need to have tetherme.

I will be waiting for the iOS 7 jailbreak.

guitarmandp

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2012
As long as I am getting a free hotspot I will never upgrade until a jailbreak is available and the chances of iOS ever offering that are slim and none

iRetired

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2012
WNY
Apple will never add the ability to change themes at will, so that's probably the only reason why I won't upgrade to iOS7.

ritmomundo

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
A bit off topic, I apologize, but I see a lot of people posting about f.lux. I tried this out, and it just makes my screen different shades of brown/sepia. Am I seeing something wrong? Just doesn't seem like I'm using it right since so many people rave about it.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
A bit off topic, I apologize, but I see a lot of people posting about f.lux. I tried this out, and it just makes my screen different shades of brown/sepia. Am I seeing something wrong? Just doesn't seem like I'm using it right since so many people rave about it.
This is what it should do. And this why we love it. Goodbye harsh blue tint!

I really recommend these two articles for more info on why it's important:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/05/health/05light.html?_r=1

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36828043/ns/technology_and_science-tech_and_gadgets/t/ipad-could-cause-insomnia-researchers-say

ritmomundo

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
This is what it should do. And this why we love it. Goodbye harsh blue tint!

I really recommend these two articles for more info on why it's important:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/05/health/05light.html?_r=1

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36828043/ns/technology_and_science-tech_and_gadgets/t/ipad-could-cause-insomnia-researchers-say
Thanks for the links! Interesting info. I initially just thought it made everything into an ugly shade of brown (albeit admittedly softer lighting), but now I'll give it a longer try. :)