what price would you put on this item?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by john.jakus, Jul 22, 2010.

1. john.jakus macrumors newbie

When the JB and unlock comes out for the ip4, how much money do you think one could make by selling in on CL or eBay? The demand is there for t-mobile users that want it.

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

The jailbreak and unlock will be posted for FREE all over the internet.

Only those foolish ones pay for it from scammers !

3. john.jakus thread starter macrumors newbie

not to sell the JB and unlock to sell an unlocked ip4....

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

You should be able to get a good price...perhaps almost full retail.

5. xraytech macrumors 68030

If you plan on opening a business to Jailbreak & Unlock the iP4. Well, dhlizard said it best,

"The jailbreak and unlock will be posted for FREE all over the internet. Only those foolish ones pay for it from scammers!"

If your talking about selling a Jailbroken & Unlocked iP4, let demand dictate the price. Set the starting bid to the minimum and let the bidders have at it. Even this is a bit shady, cuz once the Free Jailbreak & Unlock is out, a T-Mobile user can just buy an iP4 and do it himself for a lot cheaper.

6. john.jakus thread starter macrumors newbie

it was just a little idea so that maybe I would go buy a white one. thank you for ur input. It would be a bonus if I could make some cash on the sale but not going to kill myself if I dont make a profit.

7. predator dv macrumors newbie

8. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

OK, I finally figured you want to sell a JB/UL iPhone 4 iDevice, not the JB/UL yourself.

To me, your initial post was confusing, but I got it now.

9. john.jakus thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry about the confusion on the first post. I would never charge someone for a JB that is free to public.

10. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Sounds good, I just didn't pick up on what you were intending to sell, thus my response.

11. mlts22 macrumors 6502a

I can see people paying $100 if an UL was permanent and survived DFU flashing, like the unlocked phones sold in the UK.

12. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

You really should look at eBay and Craigslist for actual price range of an iPhone4.

$100? I'll buy 1000 from you at $150.

13. mlts22 macrumors 6502a

I was meaning the price of the unlock, assuming it was permanent enough to survive a firmware flash in DFU mode.

14. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

Im heading to Canada to buy the unlocked one! Forget the lame ass AT&T locked ****!

15. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

That's even worse. Cheating people out of their money by scamming them into paying something that's free.

16. predator dv macrumors newbie

17. douflag macrumors member

My range would be $700-1000, which I think is totally not worth it for an iPhone. Be prepared to take nearly a hundred bucks off the total if you plan on selling through eBay.

18. mlts22 macrumors 6502a

You missed my point. I agree with you completely. If there were an UL/JB out that was free, charging others for it is a rip-off, pure and simple.

However, there is none right now. There isn't a way to unlock a locked iPhone 4 in the US permanently that will survive through a DFU mode flash.

What I was trying to answer was how much I would pay for an unlock method that would completely and permanently unlock a phone, with the unlock persisting across upgrades, DFU restores and the like. That would be $100.

19. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Ok, but then $100 is grossly understated.

A genuine unlock for 4.0 out in an open market would easily fetch for much more than $100, considering the availability of iPhone 4 outside of US.

20. labman macrumors 604

labman

if you don't mind the hassle and want to make a little fair money you can advertise on creiglist to jailbreak and unlock those that don't know how.. $10 is fair and will get you a good response. I have done it a few times making a quick $100 bucks or so in a couple hours. I also do explain that they can do it free I have even linked them to the info. this is just the people that are afraid or lack the time to learn how. I clearly tell them they are paying for the service only. I also get there emails for future upgrades. just little extra going out money that works out nice for all. :D

21. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

what price would you put on this item?

Its priceless :D