what process to upgrade my 3gs?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MrDove, Sep 9, 2010.

1. MrDove macrumors newbie

I have an Iphone 3gs currently running 3.1.2. Baseband 05.11.07 I did my original jailbreak and unlock using Blackra1n.

I've been wanting to upgrade for a while but I've been afraid to lose my jailbreak and my unlock since I'm using T-Mobile and messing up my unlock would mean I would lose all my phone service.

What steps should I take to ensure that I can restore in the event that I have a problem? What program/procedure would I use for this phone?

I know that a few programs are Mac only. I'm running a PC with Windows 7 if that matters.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Open up cydia and look at the top of the page if you have SHSH's saved so you can restore to 4.0.1 and then JB and unlock again.

3. MrDove thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, I restored as instructed but now I have the "unsupported sim card" error in itunes and therefore can't access jailbreakme.com

How is the unsupported sim card error overcome?

4. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

You either need an AT&T SIM (doesn't have to be activated) or you should have stayed on the train.

EDIT: Isn't this one of those times where it would have been easier just to recommend the custom ipsw's?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sounds like you updated it already. Good luck now.
    You might be stuck with 4.0.2 or 4.1
    Both that cannot be jb or unlocked.