What productivity software do Apple execs and internal analysts use at Cupertino

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Zeos, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Zeos macrumors 6502

Here's what I want to know... Do Apple execs and management use Pages and Numbers for their hard-core managerial work, or do they use MS Office? I have a hard time believing they use iWorks (particularly the new versions) for their executive work and heavy spreadsheet analysis of financials, etc.

2. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I would assume they probably use some Microsoft products just like Microsoft uses Apple products.

http://macdailynews.com/2008/04/28/microsoft_ceo_steve_ballmer_uses_apple_mac_for_presentation/

It's more about what software you need to get the job done vs brand loyalty. Apple uses a lot of different software. I've even seen job postings for 3D artists using Cinema 4D on their site.

3. sigamy macrumors 65816

I'm sure there are folks using MS Office. Don't forget, for years after AppleWorks Apple was out of productivity software.

I know from prior job listings that Apple uses SAP Business Objects, which is a set of web-based business intelligence, reporting and analysis tools.

4. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

Execs tend not to USE software at all. They review other people's work. Those people may well be building complex models in Excel and pasting the summary sheet into iWorks.

5. onekerato macrumors regular

Yep! At an investment bank for example: the lowest form of life is immersed in Excel to crunch the numbers, his boss uses Word to write up the investment research, the department head manages everything with nothing more than Outlook, and further up, the visionary leader only needs Internet Explorer :)

6. ecrispy macrumors regular

Top management LOVES PowerPoint and Word, they live to go over presentations and reports their underlings produce. They don't have to be good at that themselves. It's half the reason these products exist.

And yeah, at that level brand loyalty doesn't count for much,it's about what you prefer and gets the job done.

7. aristobrat macrumors G4

All of the Back of House computers in the Apple Store I worked at had both iLife and Office loaded. People bounced between them. Wouldn't be surprised if Cupertino was the same.

8. SusanK macrumors 68000

Fond memories, Apple Works and previously Claris Works. Good stuff. How did Apple go off course so badly?

Sorry, i just gotta so hide your eyes.

Steve would never . . .