What program do you use for scanning pictures?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by D ROCK, May 30, 2007.

1. D ROCK macrumors regular

I want to scan Photos to be used in FCP to make a slideshow... Ive done this before but I just bought a new HP scanner and don't like the scanner software that comes with it.
    on the PC I can set the preferences for the scanning session and then name one scan and just scan all 200 or so photos in one session. (multiple separate scans of 3 or 4 photos but all in one session) I do not need to select the save destination repeatedly or name the scan repeatedly... just the first time. after that it just adds a number to the new files and saves in same folder.... it also allows me to select jpg... the mac version however wants me to save each scan separately and will only let me save as a tiff.
    anyone know of a better scanner software that will let me scan all at once????

2. kalisphoenix macrumors 65816

kalisphoenix

That'd be fantastic. Our HP PSC is similarly-equipped with ***** software.

3. D ROCK thread starter macrumors regular

hey thanks...
    do you have to purchace it in order to scan multiple separate photos in one scan????

I couldnt get it to select more than one photo per scan... and it has the $ marks on it till you purchace... I would purchace if I knew it would work this way....