What Program Does This Login Window Go With!?!?!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bikerguy7, Mar 8, 2010.

1. bikerguy7 macrumors newbie

hey so i was typing some stuff on my computer, got mad, and started slamming keys and this window popped up (see attached). Anyway, i'm pretty sure the key combo is shift+fn+control+command+s. Any ideas what this is? i've never seen it before. thanks in advance for your help.

Attached Files:

2. Mew2468 macrumors regular

No idea, but don't enter your password until you know what it is. /end obvious advice

3. bikerguy7 thread starter macrumors newbie

i already tried my computer password but it didnt work. it's clearly a third party app that's running in the background but i want to know what it does. thanks.

4. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

if it's officially for an app it should pop out attached to the corresponding window, if not, i wouldn't put anything in, just in case ;)

5. robert05au macrumors regular

robert05au

Could you please list any third party apps you have installed.

I have seen a similar window asking for access previously and I am trying to work out where I saw it.

Also which app where you using at the time it appeared?

Which OSX system version are you running?

6. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

You may want to check in your Screen Saver list also. That key combo could be a shortcut to activate a certain screensaver.

7. mikes63737 macrumors 65816

I would suggest changing your user password... just in case. (At least add a 1 to the end of it)

The app *could* be malicious, and in that case you just handed over your password.

8. robert05au macrumors regular

robert05au

It is from somewhere other than apple as I tried the screensaver requiring password to unlock.

I agree with the others the chances of being malicious is there and changing your password is a good idea.

9. neutrino23 macrumors 68000

Try launching Activity Monitor. List the processes by name and look through there and see if anything rings a bell.

You can launch this by going to Spotlight and typing Activity. It should come to the top and you only need to press return.