What program to use?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by jknight8907, Feb 19, 2010.

1. jknight8907 macrumors 6502a

jknight8907

Hi guys. I'm pretty new in the world of video editing, but I've got a project I need to take care of. Every week I'll be needing to select clips (3 - 20 seconds each) out of .mp4 (or .wmv, I have access to both versions) video files. These clips (probably 20-40 or more, just depends on the week) will need to be put on a DVD where, ideally, each clip could be accessed separately from the menu. What program should I use for this? I have iMovie and iDVD already, but I wouldn't be opposed to buying a new program if it would be significantly more efficient. This will be an every-week project so streamlining will be good.

2. Paratel macrumors 6502

Paratel

If you don't mind forking out some money $$$$ I would recommend Final Cut Studio. It includes DVD Studio Pro and it is great for authoring DVD's.

3. jknight8907 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jknight8907

I think that may be a bit much for what I need to do. I really don't need to do any actual video editing beyond snipping sections of existing video and authoring a DVD.

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You can use MPEG Streamclip for batch transcoding of those video files (I don't know about .wmv files though, maybe Flip4Mac is needed as accessory) and then import them into iDVD if you don't mind the themes there.

5. Seo macrumors regular

Since this is something simple, iMovie is fine.