What program was used to make this video?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by maclook, Nov 9, 2009.

1. maclook macrumors 65816

http://vimeo.com/7395079
    there's a couple other ones by the same user too. i like the clean 2d/3d style

it also reminds me of the "green" segment of the newer Apple videos

2. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

from the bits i looked at, any 3d modeling program will do that. the text elements could be composited in with after effects/motion.

3. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

There are a lot of ways to do this, just as bigbossbmb says. You can do it with After Effects, made by Adobe. Or Motion, part of the final cut studio made by apple. But they could have even gone really far and made it with the first word you see in the video; Maya :p

4. faustfire macrumors 6502a

faustfire

I'd say After effects.

No 3D program used in this at all though, the 3D looking elements are just 2D illustrations drawn with a 3D perspective.

5. maclook thread starter macrumors 65816

i was thinking it was after effects. i don't see why a 3d modeling program would be necessary. i have experience using both adobe premiere and final cut pro. i found premiere to be very easy to pick up and compatible with most file formats that i throw at it but final cut seems like a great professional program that i feel i could learn a lot from while using it.

since i haven't used motion and after effects at all yet, would you recommend i try picking up after effects or motion?
    also are the shapes like the mountains and people made in another program first, like illustrator (which would make a case for sticking with adobe)

6. filmweaver macrumors regular

I believe Motion is only available in the Final Cut Suite package. Motion is capable of many possibilities, Professional - YES, Difficult - Depends on persistence level, Reasonable price - Depends on your budget.
    Overall the Final Cut Suite is a series of programs you will grow into and not out of.

Good Luck

7. maclook thread starter macrumors 65816

thanks for the advice. i'm going to look into getting my hands on motion