What program was used to make this video?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by waloshin, Jun 15, 2010.

1. handsome pete macrumors 68000

After Effects? Motion maybe?

Text could have been created in photoshop or illustrator and then brought in to the compositing program or created in the compositing program itself. The animation is fairly basic so that could have even been done in a NLE like final cut.

But I would say a motion graphics program like After Effects or Motion.

2. waloshin thread starter macrumors 68040

It just seems like the animation is on key with the percussion.

3. Macnoviz macrumors 65816

Macnoviz

That was probably done manually, perhaps using the waveform to place keyframes

4. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

That could be done with Flash, Cinema 4d (or any decent 3D program), or After Effects. The smoothness of the floating type suggests that it was done with script, not keyframes. That is unless someone has a lot of time on their hands. I'm thinking Flash that is exported out to video, because some of the masking is jacked up. A typical result of using Flash and not knowing what you are doing.

Kind of nice effect, but the video gets boring fast. I couldn't make it all the way though it... there's just not enough going on to hold my attention. The floating text starts off interesting, but then gets old fairly quick. Maybe there was just too much of it? Did they have to spell out all of the lyrics? It's like they ran out ideas of what to put on screen so they kept repeating themselves.