What protection are you using on your New Retina Macbook pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ThisIsMe, Jun 18, 2012.

1. ThisIsMe macrumors regular

I'm looking for some accessories for the Retina Macbook pro to keep it in new condition. Any suggestions?

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

A good sleeve, and "being careful with it" are what I'd recommend. Try hardgraft.com for classy-but-pricey bags/sleeves, or Waterfield Designs for more affordable options.

3. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

4. IncredibleBulk macrumors newbie

IncredibleBulk

Snagged myself a new bag from Incase, saddly it will be here about a week before my computer lol. Im waiting for some companies to design some new carbon fiber or designer decal for the RMBP because it seems like the footprint is different than the standard MBPs

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm figuring my waterfield racer-x will be fine. I got it back when I had a 15" MBP (non unibody) and it should work even though the dimensions have changed a bit

6. ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

Protection for your new Retina MBP (skins, cases etc)

what is every one using to protect their new retina macbook pros ? i was looking for a full body film (zagg) but didnt find any ... i didnt find any cases for RMBP either

if some one did find some thing (skins, cases) specifically for new macbook pro.. do share...

7. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

As for myself, I plan to get the 15" laptop folio from Hard Graft. Very difficult to not just buy ten things on their store (want a billfold, iPad sleeve, and maybe a bag from them), though it helps that they're all pretty expensive.

8. leenak macrumors 68020

I like the Rickshaw bags 15" MBP cases, you can customize them and the interior is nice and soft. I have a waterproof one (x-pac). (made in the US, and animal-friendly too)

9. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

The kid in me can't help but laugh at this thread. But seriously, I've considered getting a hard case but I wanna see what comes out first. But usually I don't get anything except for my bag(which admittedly has a sleeve in it).

10. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

Im planning on using a sleeve for now. Looked at Speck's twitter feed and they aren't expecting cases until Mid-late August..:(

11. Haarith :) macrumors member

My brain. I place it safely on a firm surface all times this is my first mac and this is my baby.

12. NightStorm macrumors 68000

Just ordered the cream/read Terra Campus Pack from Incase. I like the design and look, and I like how it has a separate pocket for my iPad as well. The unfortunate thing is that I'll likely receive it long before my rMBP arrives. :(

13. leenak macrumors 68020

What firm surface is it on when you travel?

14. ThisIsMe thread starter macrumors regular

Whats so funny?

15. jcpb macrumors 6502a

Have a bunch of various sized foam sleeves tucked away under the desktop right now.

16. shurcooL macrumors 6502a

The double entendre.

17. Haarith :) macrumors member

The aeroplane dinner tray thing :p

18. bounou macrumors 6502

bounou

I just ordered a new waterfield suede sleeve for it today, i don't like bulky cases, just need something to protect from scratches while it's in my bag.

Crumpler makes some very nice sleeves too, was a toss up between the two for me.

19. jimmyz80 macrumors member

I have a Wrapsol skin on order which supposedly was shipping today. I've had one on my Air for about six months and I couldn't be happier.

20. optics261 macrumors newbie

all this talk of protection and being firm .... this is getting ridiculous! :)

21. Tatonnement macrumors newbie

22. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Agree completely. I don't like cases that attach to the computer itself. It compromises the look of a very beautifully designed computer.

23. rudyrudell macrumors newbie

my 2006 model 17" MBP has some serious degradation from where I place my hands when I work on it. I wonder if I should get some sort of protector to prevent the same thing from happening to the new mbp? they did remove the glass in front of the screen after all, maybe adding something like that to the surface could damage my screen while it's closed?

24. mfuchs88 macrumors 6502

I'm using Trojan Ecstasy for protection on my MacBook Pro.

25. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

"For Her Pleasure.™"