What protector next? tried SGP oleo, PS anti, generic.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jayo123456, Sep 11, 2010.

1. jayo123456 macrumors regular

Generic - piece of turd

SGP - don't like the cam/speak cutout, makes shield noticable. And too greasy magnet too. Love the clarity though.

PS - ruins the screen sharpness too much. Love the anti fingerprint feature, love the way it looks with screen off. Love the cam/speak cutout.

Bare screen - took it off for a week, got a couple microscratches

what now? worth it to try the PS clear?

2. ratman2356 macrumors member

Yup, PS clear is really your only other option. Still going to be a greasy fingerprint magnet but will give you the clarity of the SGP oleo with the better cutouts of the PS Anti. No way to get around the fingerprints without losing a little clarity at this time.

One thing that helps a bit with the clear type shields is to apply several coats of car wax to the protector. Makes it nice and slippery like glass and helps resist about half the fingerprints.

3. Absolem macrumors regular

try the SGP Crystal

u could try the zagg lol! I have that on now, I liked it for a while but once you start showing it off to people its embarrassing because you know theyre looking at it in an angle and the orange peel affect causes distortion without them realizing its the screen protector. Finger prints and grease is very good with it though.

I'm going to switch to something else very soon, I just don't know which exactly, i know the oleophobic is suppose to be a grease magic but so far its my top pick, love the screen clarity.

4. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Clear-coat gives you much less orange peel look.

Marc

5. Absolem macrumors regular

screw that, plus i clean my screen off every night, itd be a PITA. IS is just not the best product out.

*EdiT* Oh I see your spamming the product not putting clear cloat ontop of the shield, lol, btw, stop spamming

6. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

I've used zagg and power support. Currently I'm using ghost armor. By far it's the best. Can hardly tell it's even on the screen. Smooth like glass Doesnt attract much finger prints either. I had mine installed at a kiosk in a mall nearby. No complaints except for I got some tree sap or something on it so I have an annoying smudge. At least it isn't the screen. Since there is a warranty I'm going to get another one put on whenever I head to the mall free of charge.

7. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

the one that came with my incase snap case is very good

8. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

Damn I didn't even get one with my snap. Was it camouflage or what?