What provider will you choose for new iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fastfinger, Sep 2, 2011.

1. fastfinger macrumors member

My contract is up with AT&T and it looks like provider choices for the new iphone 5 will now include Sprint. As many here At&T was my only option for my first iphone. Will you change providers and why?
    I'm in Los Angeles and I hear Sprint works well here.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Sprint hasn't been confirmed yet, so I wouldn't go making plans to switch just yet. Rumors are just that, rumors.

Last year Verizon was speculated to have been a partner along side AT&T when the iPhone 4 was announced at WWDC 2010, but that deal didn't happen until 8 months later (or years later is you want to include previous rumors).

3. fastfinger thread starter macrumors member

I thought the Sprint rumor was likely, If Sprint isn't an option day one I won't choose them. Buying the iphone 5 the moment it is released. I did have Verizon for a number of years and it worked everywhere, but at the time I thought internet was slow, it may have been my phone though.

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Its a likely rumor, but still a rumor.

After the first iPhone was released it was always rumored that Verizon would soon be getting the iPhone, that ended up taking 4 years. I don't think its going to take 4 years for Sprint to get the iPhone, but until you see it posted on Apple.com, I wouldn't make plans to switch just yet.

5. androiphone macrumors 65816

sim free from apple then use 3 mobile UK on PAYG and pay £5 a month for 2GB of data which is more than enough data for me. :cool:

6. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

This is kind of irrelevant since the OP is in the US, Apple does not offer an unlocked CDMA version and was not complaining about data cap.

7. bad03xtreme macrumors 6502a

bad03xtreme

I have had Sprint and Verizon now, both were about the same coverage in my area so whomever has a better plan rate gets my money.

8. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

In my opinion, I doubt the next iPhone will have LTE, and maybe get an upgrade to their HSPA radio(AT&T/T-Mobile's "4G"), of which is covered well in LA. The only place I've ever had spotty connection on AT&T in LA was actually in North Hollywood between two hills a few blocks down from the Hollywood Bowl, and even then it was Data, not voice. I still received/sent text/calls just fine, and to replace data there was local WiFi.

9. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

I'm so used to voice and data at the same time I wouldn't change to any company that doesn't support it. Been with ATT for over a decade and have never had issues.

And, yes I do use voice and data at the same time often.

10. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

ATT corp is less than 8 years old.

It isn't possible that they've provided service to you for 10 years...

----------

iphone 5 to Sprint is highly likely

http://www.technobuffalo.com/compan...-a-big-no-comment-according-to-internal-memo/

11. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

if i where to get one I would use rogers..............

12. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I'll Be Buying

Sim free from apple, then will stay with O2 and my present iPhone plan.

13. spamfish123 macrumors member

Ditto except staying with giffgaff.

14. TC25 macrumors 68020

15. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

If we assume that Apple releases the iPhone 5 for all four major US carriers, then I'll be getting one with T-Mobile. If we assume all remains the same and only AT&T/Verizon get the iPhone 5, then..I'm a bit torn on which to go with.

16. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I will stick with AT&T.

I have no complaints about them or their covereage. Even when going out of town, my phone never fails me.

17. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

That solves it.
    Legitimate question.
    Adequate answer.

18. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

If the iPhone 5 supports HSPDA+ is that only going to be on At&T and no "4G" on any other network? Assuming no LTE for the 5...

I've been with Cingular / AT&T for years and have NO intention of leaving. My GF also has an iPhone but she's with VZW. She'll probably jump ship when the 5 comes out and I'll add her to my family plan.