Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

If you had to pick a race for this beauty?

• Black

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • Mixed Black/White

Votes: 32 53.3%
  • White

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Hispanic

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 6 10.0%

• Total voters

Frisco

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 24, 2002
Utopia
I am ambivalent so I did not vote, but I have a burning desire to know her perceived race.

Frisco

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 24, 2002
Utopia
Look at her pictures. In 1/3 she looks white; in 1/3 she looks mixed and the other 1/3 black.

This is why I am so confused.

Frisco

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 24, 2002
Utopia
This is just a sad thread. Who cares what race she is. It's stuff like this that is keeping race issues alive. I'm not going to even vote other on this.

But it's not a racial issue in one race is better than the other. I believe they are all equal.

It's just out of curiosity (not racial bias) that I ask the question, "How is she perceived?"

Disc Golfer

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2009
2010-03-09_133958.jpg

Synchromesh

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2009
SF
According to wikipedia:

Keys' mother is of Scottish, Irish, and Italian descent, and her father is African American;[8] Keys has expressed that she was comfortable with her biracial heritage because she felt she was able to "relate to different cultures".

So she is clearly biracial of European and African descent.

MultiM

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2006
TO. I've moved!
But it's not a racial issue in one race is better than the other. I believe they are all equal.

It's just out of curiosity (not racial bias) that I ask the question, "How is she perceived?"

It IS a racial issue, because you made it one by asking. I perceive her as human and that's all that matters.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
First thought that comes to mind is that she is a female, and a nice looking one at that.

Second thought is that she is an American.

Third thought is who cares.

Anyhow, I either like her music or don't. Simple. Why make things complicated. :)

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
She is from the HOT FEMALE race :D

but i voted hispanic, just because I'm hispanic, and I would love to make some hispanic babies with her :p

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
She belongs to the Human race. Other then that, why does it matter?

Dify

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2008
Human is the race, there are no other ones I know of. Seriously the US have a real BIG problem with this! with your race stupid questions and modern segregation! this is killing your country (with two or three other things too)...

iOrlando

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Why does it matter?

It continually surprises me how obsessed Americans are with race....

But why does it matter? She is a woman. Maybe not a Vulcan one, but no one can be perfect.

This is just a sad thread. Who cares what race she is. It's stuff like this that is keeping race issues alive. I'm not going to even vote other on this.

Why don't you just email her, if you want to know. Personally, I don't care.

She belongs to the Human race. Other then that, why does it matter?

you people need to take a chill pill.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.