What? Really? 15 Hours & We Have ZERO Concrete Info For iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Orange™, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Orange™ macrumors 6502

:confused::confused::confused:

This must be wrong, I know because a rumor site with only speculation = Fail!

Could we compile a list of things we know to be fact, from a leak or something over the past few months?

Case design is pure speculation? That's pathetic.
    Same goes for Ram & CPU... GPU as well I take it? :confused:
    The cameras! Tell me you guys have the info on those at least, will they be accompanied with Flash capabilities too?
    Geez, is there anything besides speculation about the second generation iPad 2? How many hands know about this? To rephrase, for those that have been checking MR for the past year on a daily basis, can you tell me nothing concrete has surfaced? Can't you people understand, I can't wait anymore. :mad::mad::mad: ... :rolleyes:

2. jbh142 macrumors newbie

I'm hoping all the lastest rumors are completely false as if they are true this isn't a true upgrade...

3. Orange™ thread starter macrumors 6502

It baffles me that no one knows what it will look like and the preconceived form is from crappy plastic cases found months ago. Really? :rolleyes: Top notch reporting there, and it's not just MR, it's all those that went along with it. Watch it look nothing like we thought tomorrow. :apple:

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Sorry OP, but no one left an iPad 2 in a bar for someone to find. All we have right now are rumors; there are no facts.

5. urkel macrumors 68030

This tells me that the iPad isnt going to be ready for immediate availability. With the Macbook Pros then preople reported Best Buys getting the "Do not open" pallettes of notebooks. But its just a few hours away and nothing?

My guess is the release is next week.

6. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Steve's not on a health leave, he's actually on a mission weeding out employees who leak information.

7. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

With all the smilies in the first post I immediately assumed this was a newbie post... I'm disappointed Orange.

And did we really need another thread on what WE DON'T KNOW? Just go to bed early, sleep in tomorrow, and by the time you get up the keynote will be on.

8. ghostlyorb macrumors 6502a

ghostlyorb

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

They can only report what they know. If they don't have any info.. How can hey report it?

9. JPanther macrumors newbie

Have to agree with OP. We really haven't seen anything much with the iPad 2 like some other past Apple products.

Expecting a standard upgrade, but here's to hoping there's that one magical feature that would really make this worthy of the "2".
    On the other hand I guess they could always name it the iPadS...

10. i eversaw macrumors regular

i eversaw

OP, the facetime UI for the new iPad was found in the recent firmware. At least one camera is confirmed. But going off speculation and Apple's release history, a speed bump is somewhere near 99.9% going to happen.

11. jeremy3721 macrumors regular

You had it right in your first post all along and didn't even know it. I can confirm the iPad 2 will in fact be made out of a new space age mixture of concrete. Instead of providing a case for the iPad 2, We'll now have to buy cases for our tables, nightstands and computer desks. Reinforced quad padding for your pants will also be recommended.

12. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

dude, this is a rumors site. No one said this is a site to offer concrete information about a device that isn't released. There is a reason companies hold such information from the public.

13. Davichi macrumors 6502

You can't wait 15 hours, really?

Why don't you break into apple headquarters and find out for us since you are dying to know?

14. PurpleHeart macrumors member

Apple is being really super uber careful after iPhone 4 incident ;)

12.5 hours to go and still nothing concrete :( argh I can hardly wait for tomorrow !

15. yodaxl7 macrumors 6502a

Expectation game. To me, 512 mb ram is ok, dual core is awesome. To me this 2.0. 1gb of ram would be better. Rest is gravy. 3.0 would be retina, quad core, 2gb of ram.

Now that is just hardware specs. Just upping specs is not enough. 2.0 would include new os features like improving safari, notification, iBook 2.0, improve security, more personal customizations, more game center features, etc. Plus, from developers, we should expect them to use dual core advantages and better graphics.

So, it depends on the package, not so much about the specs and or features.

16. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

Right! do you remember all the buzz about the job opening for engineers with strong background in navigation programming? Maybe there will be an improvement in the maps app during the release.

17. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

OP is kinda right...

but LOL @ "the no iPad left at a bar" :(

18. Chilean.Miner macrumors member

Chilean.Miner

sad huh

19. iPad 2nd Gen macrumors regular

What's the difference between MacRumors, AppleInsider and iClarified?

Nothing. They all steal stories from each other.

20. henry2 macrumors regular

henry2

To me there is nothing on the Apple website about Ipad2 comeing out i mean this time last year there was something on the website but nothing has come up on the website.

Intill the Apple is going to bring it out when they are ready and sometime's i think the whole thing about updateing a unit that allready good..The biggest thing to me why would apple put a back camera on the unit or on the front when they have worked so hard to get the battery bank to have the life it does now ..to me a camera is a waste of the battery life ..