Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daytona

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 6, 2008
When Syncing....it will come up and say something pertaining to "changing, deleting or adding" contacts to your computer. The first time I found that it wiped out many of my existing email address; in my computer and then added phone numbers to the people that it changed. I just wish I had more control over what is added, deleted or changed.
Thanks for listening

JB

macbookhamburg

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2007
sounds like you are on a pc ... ? with a mac you could just sync one or a couple special groups of your contacts and go from there ?

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
sounds like you are on a pc ... ? with a mac you could just sync one or a couple special groups of your contacts and go from there ?

Yes, provide more info on your setup? This kind of thing happened to me occasionally with phones that had non-perfect support through Sync Services -- my Nokia 3650 was flawless and then loosely similar things frequently happened with my RAZR and occasionally with my Blackberry. But on a Mac, syncing with the Apple programs, it should not be happening.

Assuming this is Outlook + iTunes + iPhone, I'm guessing this behavior maybe has something to do with the types of fields you use?

Is what you're experiencing like this:
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=7703177 ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.