What replacement screen for iPad Air?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by JesterJJZ, Oct 7, 2014.

1. JesterJJZ macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

My mother dropped her iPad Air and cracked the screen. I see various replacement screens online ranging from $30-$200.

Any advice on which one to get? I am skillful enough to replace it myself, just want to get the right one.

Thanks!

2. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

For a few hundred bucks I'd expect you could just go through apple to do it. For less, I'd just go with the most legit one you can find. Ya gotta be careful with these screens though.... If you get a suspect one then the iPad will never work quite right and won't be as responsive as it should be.

3. JesterJJZ thread starter macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

Just doesn't make sense to me to spend so much on a repair like this. I know people have had success with replacing their own. Was hoping to get some feedback from someone who has done it before. A reputable place to get the right screen is what I am after.

4. Rodster macrumors 68040

Try http://www.ifixit.com they sell parts, have tutorials and videos and IIRC they also have forums if you decide you want to try it yourself.

5. asmith406 macrumors member

iPad Air replacement screen

Check out Gadget Menders. I think they have replacement screens for around $60 for the iPad air. They also sell the tool and have how to videos. I used them for a battery replacement and it worked out for me.