What restores and what doesn't?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by roland.g, Sep 30, 2015.

1. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

My older iPhone was already updated to 9.0.1 and I backed it up to iTunes, encrypted, after unpairing my Apple Watch and making sure that backed up to my phone. I then did a restore from iTunes.

What is not included in a restore?

As far as I know it would be:
    Touch ID
    All Apple Pay Credit Cards
    Paired Bluetooth devices
    Some apps will need to have passwords re-entered

Anything else not come over in a restore from iTunes.

Thanks.

2. jtrue28 macrumors 6502

jtrue28

I did the same steps as you. One other item I noticed that did not bring the password over was Twitter. The Twitter setting within iOS. The Twitter app worked fine without having to re-enter my password, but not iOS.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I also did a iTunes encrypted restore on my new 6S+. All went well but noticed that after the restore, a lot of the apps still were downloading. Seemed a little different than normal. Also my Wells Fargo App did not move over and I had to redownload from the app store.

4. BSG75 macrumors regular

BSG75

Same here. I did the iTunes encrypted backup before restoring my 6s+ and had to go to the app store an download from the cloud.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Yep, it did not seem to be like it has been in the past but I chocked it up to some of the apps were outdated and had to be reloaded for the new device.

In the end it all worked great and my 6S+ has worked without flaw and I am VERY happy with it!