What revision is this? 13" MacBook Pro (UPDATE)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PolySciSurfer, Jun 11, 2009.

1. PolySciSurfer macrumors 6502

If I buy the new 13" MacBook Pro tomorrow, am I considered an "early adopter?" Is this considered a rev. A? I know it's better to wait for rev. B Apple products, but I can't decide what rev. this new 13" MBP is? :confused: :apple:

2. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

I have the same question. I think it is safe to buy now though its not like ther is really any new feature that may have bugs except the sd reader. They shouldn't have an issue w firewire since they had it before.

Just my opinion. I am not the most tech savy though.

3. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Seeing how it's a modified Unibody 13" Macbook, I'd consider it Rev. B.

As a Macbook Pro though, it's technically Rev. A. Seeing how they fixed the screen issues, and the lack of FireWire, that's Rev. B in my book.

4. PolySciSurfer thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm, I think in the past if everything remained the same but they bumped the processor, hd space, and ram it was considered a rev B. But since they did technically change the hardware with these models, it could be called a rev. A. Anyone else care to chime in? :confused:

5. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

I'm with you. Its technically Rev. A but I see it as B. I say it is safe to buy. Although you could probably just wait a few weeks and see if anyone has problems.

6. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

It's a revision B product, regardless of the fact that it's now called the MacBook Pro and has had some hardware changes. The first unibody machines that came out in October were rev. A.

7. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Just to make life difficult, what do we call the unibody MacBooks with the silent screen updates? Rev. A.5? A½?

8. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

Still Rev. A, just like my MBP is Rev. A even though it's a speed-bumped model.

9. PolySciSurfer thread starter macrumors 6502

Ah man this is confusing. Bottom line, is it safe to buy? :eek: :D

UPDATE!

Gizmodo seems to be calling it a Rev. B. This is from their review of the machine...

"Those people who were waiting for the second-iteration version of a new hardware design (a pretty smart rule to follow with Apple products in general) before upgrading can safely do so now—and get a better deal in the process."

Are we just agreeing on that? It's a rev. B?

10. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

Oh it's definitely safe to buy. There were very few issues with the revision A unibody machines, and nothing widespread that I know of. The revision B units should be very solid and dependable.