Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sk1wbw

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
I just imported my Google feeds into Google Currents and I'm also playing around with Feedly.

So far, I can recommend these two. Both apps are great on iOS and Android and also Feedly has a good browser add on too.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I use currents and pulse at the moment. Moved to currents from reader a while ago.

I'll use Blinkfeed when I get my one and for any sources not included I'll use currents and pulse I guess.

Frankied22

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2010
I really don't like the magazine style when it comes to my RSS feed. I like to just refresh and see a list view of the headlines. Then be able to hit mark all as read and make all the unread disappear. Reeder on iOS is my absolute favorite and I use Press on my N4. Idk what I will do when Google reader gets shut down.

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2008
UK
How do you get the feeds to work in Currents

I clicked on the + to add subscriptions, scrolled to the bottom where it has the Reader feeds and clicked on add, they all now show as added

How do I view them?, just cannot see them anywhere on the main page

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
How do you get the feeds to work in Currents

I clicked on the + to add subscriptions, scrolled to the bottom where it has the Reader feeds and clicked on add, they all now show as added

How do I view them?, just cannot see them anywhere on the main page

Do you not have the news categories there ? click on them for example in my case 'science and tech' and it has all my feeds inside (macrumors / engadget / the verge etc..)

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2008
UK
Do you not have the news categories there ? click on them for example in my case 'science and tech' and it has all my feeds inside (macrumors / engadget / the verge etc..)

Thanks for the reply, I have that option but I don't see any of my feeds

Perhaps I am not understanding how Currents works (not used it much)

What I did was

Clicked on the + at the top left of the main screen to add a subscription
This lists all categories and at the bottom of this page it lists all my Reader feeds, they all have a button on them to Add for Free, so I click this and it says it's added them
If I now go back to the main page with News etc on it, all I see are the items that have been pre added to Currents, no sign of my RSS feeds anywhere

Other items add fine and show, but the items I add from the Reader section do not show

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Thanks for the reply, I have that option but I don't see any of my feeds

Perhaps I am not understanding how Currents works (not used it much)

What I did was

Clicked on the + at the top left of the main screen to add a subscription
This lists all categories and at the bottom of this page it lists all my Reader feeds, they all have a button on them to Add for Free, so I click this and it says it's added them
If I now go back to the main page with News etc on it, all I see are the items that have been pre added to Currents, no sign of my RSS feeds anywhere

Other items add fine and show, but the items I add from the Reader section do not show

Strange indeed ? Actually i just tried adding a new from the add feeds to my existing now and its not showing up either ??? WTF ???? My existing remain but the new one isn't there at all. I even signed out and signed back in again but nothing? When i go back and look at the same feed I just searched for its now not showing as added, so I click add again, wait a few seconds and then it says in library and there is nothing ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.