What screen do you guys have LG or Chei Mei?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SPECOPx, Dec 24, 2008.

?

What screen do you have on your MBP?

1. LG (9C84)

27 vote(s)
    54.0%
  2. Chei Mei (9C85)

23 vote(s)
    46.0%
  1. SPECOPx macrumors newbie

I was wondering this if the majority of you guys have LG or Chei Mei.. Hopefully my recently ordered MBP doesn't have the Chei Mei...that'll suck to go through calibration until I find the right one

System Preferences > Display > Color > Open profile >> take a look at line 13. It’s either 9C85(Chei Mei) or 9C84(LG/Samsung)

2. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

3. stevemiller macrumors 65816

i have the chei mei one. colour/brightness/contrast wise its been great. the backlight however is another story...

4. SPECOPx thread starter macrumors newbie

Never mind this post... Chrome didn't let me go to thread tools, but IE always does the trick.

5. LinMac macrumors 65816

I would include instructions on how to find out in the first post of the thread to avoid constant replies from people asking about it.

6. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I have the lg screen and its amazing. The blacks are deep and the whites are very white.

7. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

Picked up a MBP at the Apple store on Monday night. It's got the LG.

d.

8. Crash1234 macrumors regular

From having to return a bunch of mpb's due to varying issues, I've had opportunity to see both, and have seen both displayed in stores. My mbp has the LG screen, however, imo, the 85 is superior. My LG screen, as well as the others I've seen has vertical backlight bleeding as well as having poor black levels. I believe that's what it's called, when, on a black screen, it just looks washed out and gray. Unfortunately though, i think there are good and bad panels of each type. So, I wouldn't get too excited over having one brand over the other.

9. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

I have a 9C85 (Chimei). After calibration, colors are vivid and pop while contrast is excellent. No dead/stuck pixels. Slight flashlight effect at the bottom on a black screen with brightness all the way up, which is not noticeable at all during normal use. It is much brighter than my previous generation MBP & if I turn brightness up, it becomes too bright. I don't see any practical reason to need an even brighter screen. Right now I am using less than 1/2 of its full brightness.

10. 7even macrumors 6502a

11. hamis92 macrumors 6502

12. MacAlpha macrumors regular

I have the LG and it is great, but no where near as good as the new 24" Apple LED! :)

13. spgiva macrumors regular

spgiva

Chei Mei on my MBP. Not sure what screen the MBP that I had to return was (for none-monitor related issues). This monitor is beautiful. The ambient light sensor is perhaps a little too sensitive (it will adjust it's brightness when I move my head sometimes) but when I turn off automatically adjust brightness I have no problems at all with my monitor.