What screen protector are you using for your iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by DrewQuinz, Sep 21, 2012.

1. DrewQuinz macrumors member

I have a Xagg or right now, I just wanted something on for now, but I know it will dry up soon so I want to know what are you guys using?

2. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

If you want to keep the natural glass feel of the iphone screen, this is the only choice:
    http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/ap...-oleophobic-coated-tempered-glass-glas-t.html

Seriously, I'd never put another plastic screen protector on any of my phones.

3. DrewQuinz thread starter macrumors member

4. asdad123 macrumors regular

SGP UltraOleophobic from Amazon. Perfect Fit.

5. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

6. MrSpanks macrumors member

Anyone seen a plastic protector for the back of the iPhone similar to iPhone 4 ones but not Zagg or stuff like that? I know itll have air pockets but i dont care. haha

7. Lilly Helen, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012

Lilly Helen macrumors newbie

Great Video on installing using the hinge method, IAMTHEKILLER

By the way, thanks so much for posting on the Spigen screen protectors. I bought a Zagg one today, but haven't installed it and once I read all the bad reviews on them (plus I am SO not going to spray anything on my new expensive phone - just not happening!), I ordered the Spigen through Amazon. You guys rock!

8. MistaGavin macrumors member

MistaGavin

The one that came with my Trident Aegis case. Probably my favorite case I have bought so far for any of my past iPhones.

9. jkim3691 macrumors 6502a

How are you using the Zagg? I bought one to hold me off too, but geez the thing felt terrible and attracted dust at the edges like crazy so I ripped it off and threw it out. Ordered a SGP set.

10. FlunkedFlank macrumors member

11. dunxxx macrumors regular

I installed a SGP EX crystal when I received my i4 two years ago. Finally peeled it off today getting ready to sell it. I'll definitely be going with the SGP Ultra Crystal with the 5.

12. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

I just ordered a set. hopefully they're better than the Zagg protectors I've used over the years.

13. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Same as on prior devices: SGP ultraoleophobic. Coating wears off but it basically ends up as a crystal screen protector.

Better's always subjective. If you want a more glass-like feel, no orange peel, dry install and don't like how the Zagg IS attracts dust & dirt and eventually peels up that the edges you'll be pleasantly surprised. That said, there are fans of the Zagg IS that prefer it (again, it's a subjective matter).

14. ristb macrumors member

I went to tesserae in NYC and picked up a rad tech screen protector. It comes with two front and 2 rear protectors for 15 bucks. The front is awesome very close to power supply but the rear is garbage.

15. bobright macrumors 601

What's the difference between this and the Crystal film?

16. barjam macrumors regular

I got an SPgG ultra whatever it is called. Easily the best protector I have ever had. I can't even tell it has a protector on it.

17. JS82712 macrumors 6502a

JS82712

over time, they'll end up being the same thing.
    If you hate fingerprints, stay away from them; oil and fingerprints smudge all over them and it's impossible to wipe off unless you use a microfiber cloth.

18. samsf91 macrumors newbie

going to check out the Pure™ Glass ScreenGuardz, does anyone know how the feel/look of the glass protector is compared to the crystal clear hd screen protectors on the market?

19. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley