Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

symphony

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 25, 2016
I’m new to tempered glass screen protectors. So I need suggestions, did you get yours already?

I need a screen protector that covers all the edges besides the notch.

I also want it SUPER THIN as possible.

I’ve used a film screen protector and I loved how thin it was that it was barely noticeable. Would like the same effect

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Which iPhone are you ordering for?
I use iCarez full screen for my 11 PM and it has been really good. Great quality glass and doesn't add much to the thickness of the phone.

Reactions: Breezygirl

Dwood1970

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
Is the iphone 11 (6.1) different from the Iphone 12 pro?

Yea the dimensions are different.
da65f640a94c74d300219d7a05de0cf9.png

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Is the iphone 11 (6.1) different from the Iphone 12 pro?
Yes, especially since there is not curve in the glass on the 12 Pro. The protectors I ordered from Amazon said they were specifically for the 6.1 iPhone 12, but I don't have an 11 or XR one to compare.

Petey07

macrumors regular
May 30, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
I got this one iPhone 12 Pro Max when they had the sale for $3.99/ea... I honestly don't know if it's going be the right fit since it seems like they had this already for sale after the iPhone was release for a couple days.

I also got this for the iPhone 12 but I tried to get the link from Amazon from my order page... seems like they took it off... but also got it for $3.99/ea when it was on sale a week ago.

Since these were for sale around the time the iPhone was announce... i doubt it fit properly... so might need to return it for the proper cut.

symphony

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 25, 2016
I got this one iPhone 12 Pro Max when they had the sale for $3.99/ea... I honestly don't know if it's going be the right fit since it seems like they had this already for sale after the iPhone was release for a couple days.

I also got this for the iPhone 12 but I tried to get the link from Amazon from my order page... seems like they took it off... but also got it for $3.99/ea when it was on sale a week ago.

Since these were for sale around the time the iPhone was announce... i doubt it fit properly... so might need to return it for the proper cut.
I got a 3 pack of amFilm Glass Screen Protectors for the iPhone 12 and they were amazing value and look and feel very nice. Here is a link to buy them.

amFilm Glass Screen Protector for iPhone 12 Pro Max (6.7" Display, 2020), Tempered Glass with Easy Installation Tray (3 Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08J9S5S5S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_75DJFbF9XXN2D

I got the iPhone 12 Pro, but what concerns me about this is that the 6.1” works for the 12 Pro and the previous iPhone 11/XR? That doesn’t sound right...

Jonobigblind

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2008
I went for a privacy screen as I’ve had one on my X for a couple of years now. It feels fine to the touch and gives a great level of security from prying eyes.

the phone has been dropped quite a few times and there’s a small crack in the top corner - not bad at all for £12.

Mightily good enough for me to order another one (along with a new silicone case)
5184280C-8D32-4BB2-B19E-03E72E837BE5.jpeg

louis0nfire

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2008
I went for a privacy screen as I’ve had one on my X for a couple of years now. It feels fine to the touch and gives a great level of security from prying eyes.

the phone has been dropped quite a few times and there’s a small crack in the top corner - not bad at all for £12.

Mightily good enough for me to order another one (along with a new silicone case)
View attachment 969231

What are your thoughts on that Caseology case? Thinking of picking that up.

Petey07

macrumors regular
May 30, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
I got the iPhone 12 Pro, but what concerns me about this is that the 6.1” works for the 12 Pro and the previous iPhone 11/XR? That doesn’t sound right...
I am concern too now... I went back to check on the listing of the iPhone 12 screen protector that I ordered last week, and the listing was removed from Amazon... so I am thinking the screen protector will not fit on the iPhone 12 properly, therefore, I'll be returning mines.

Now for the iPhone 12 Pro Max... I am curious to see if it properly cut out to fit on the screen properly or not, otherwise, those will be going back too.

symphony

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 25, 2016
I am concern too now... I went back to check on the listing of the iPhone 12 screen protector that I ordered last week, and the listing was removed from Amazon... so I am thinking the screen protector will not fit on the iPhone 12 properly, therefore, I'll be returning mines.

Now for the iPhone 12 Pro Max... I am curious to see if it properly cut out to fit on the screen properly or not, otherwise, those will be going back too.
I got this one, it seems to be the thinnest glass I’ve seen so far on Amazon

TurdFerguson

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2009
O'side!

dz5b609

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2019
As far as the tempered glass screen protectors it really doesn't matter much which one you'll take, apart from a small couple of companies who do actually make their own protectors (like Belkin) there's basically 2 models with and without cutout which all come from the same couple of factories under hundreds of different brand names. Just get one of the cheaper ones (don't pay more than 5 dollars for a 3-pack).

Haven't seen a lot of film protectors at the moment but those should be coming in the next couple of weeks.

Bswartz95

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
Cleveland , OH
I purchased this one for the 12 pro. I like the edge to edge. Also, it has a smoother edge compared to many others.

I don’t use a case, so the edge of the screen protector is noticeable.

QHOHQ 3 Pack Screen Protector for iPhone 12/iPhone 12 Pro [6.1 Inch], Tempered Glass Film, [9H Hardness] - HD - [2.5D Edge] - [Bubble Free] - [Scratch Resistant] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088DX83FS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_IQgKFb8P63T7F

i007

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
Tri-State
Many of the 12 Pro Max screen protectors listed look just like the 11 Pro max protectors. I’m not sure if the images are wrong or they’re just reusing 11 Pro Max protectors like they did when with last years release (since the 10 pro max and 11 pro Max had the same dimensions). The ESR listing looks promising because it’s full screen and doesn’t have the black ring (which I’m assuming isn’t necessary anymore since there is no curve to the screen). I’ve used protectors fromt them in the past and they were good, but the seemingly fake reviews are putting me off though.

Petey07

macrumors regular
May 30, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
Many of the 12 Pro Max screen protectors listed look just like the 11 Pro max protectors. I’m not sure if the images are wrong or they’re just reusing 11 Pro Max protectors like they did when with last years release (since the 10 pro max and 11 pro Max had the same dimensions). The ESR listing looks promising because it’s full screen and doesn’t have the black ring (which I’m assuming isn’t necessary anymore since there is no curve to the screen). I’ve used protectors fromt them in the past and they were good, but the seemingly fake reviews are putting me off though.

I am on the same boat as you... knowing the 12/12pro demision is alittle off comparing to the 11/11pro... I'm a bit concern too. I had ordered a couple boxes of screen protectors which some listed as compatible with 12/11, and some just for the 12/12pro... While the phone was just announced last week, I'm not sure if the screen protector companies are able to know the proper size/fitting for the 12/12pro and release for sale before the actual phone is out...?

i007

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
Tri-State
I am on the same boat as you... knowing the 12/12pro demision is alittle off comparing to the 11/11pro... I'm a bit concern too. I had ordered a couple boxes of screen protectors which some listed as compatible with 12/11, and some just for the 12/12pro... While the phone was just announced last week, I'm not sure if the screen protector companies are able to know the proper size/fitting for the 12/12pro and release for sale before the actual phone is out...?
I would assume the screen dimensions or ”dummy” phones are provided early by Apple. Once a few companies start producing them they should pop up everywhere since most companies use the same manufacturers in China. I feel like the black rim for the full screen versions of the 10/11pro was due to the curve screen. I believe it hid the dust and the fact it didn’t really stick. With the 12 pro max the screen looks completely flat. It’s just weird none of the big companies have released a full screen version, just the notched ones.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom

systemind

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2011
As much as I want to have a screen protector that fits perfectly day one, I don’t trust the listings right now. I’m going to use a spare protector from my iPhone 11 and read reviews on Friday. I have a feeling many of these companies are using the same protector under a new box. The new display is closer to the edge now so I don’t want to buy something that will leave a space in between. Once people confirm it fits the whole screen I will buy one. Only one I would trust right now is the spigen but delivery is not this Friday unfortunately.

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011

i007

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
Tri-State
This screen protector looks interesting in how easy it is to apply. Looks fool proof with supplied the installation kit. And the price is pretty good too for the iPhone 12 Pro Max.

The installation kit looks like a promising design, especially at that price point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.