What Screen Protector/Skin To Get for iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by brokenbuyer, Oct 1, 2011.

?

Best Screen Protector/Skin

1. Bodyguardz

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  2. Ghost Armor

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  3. SGP Steinheil EX Ultra Crystal Clear

6 vote(s)
    20.7%
  4. SGP Incredible Smooth Touch

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. PowerSupport Crystal Clear

8 vote(s)
    27.6%
  6. Power Supper HD Anti-Glare

6 vote(s)
    20.7%
  7. Other (state in threaD)

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  1. brokenbuyer, Oct 1, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2011

brokenbuyer macrumors regular

So I'm going to be getting the iPhone 5 and I want a full body protector/skin.

1. Bodyguardz
    2. Ghost Armor
    3. SGP Steinheil EX Ultra Crystal Clear
    4. SGP Incredible Smooth Touch
    5. PowerSupport Crystal Clear
    6. PowerSupport HD Anti-Glare
    7. Phantomskinz

What I want:
    • No orange peel
    • Smooth crystal touch
    • Protection
    • No peeling after use (minimal)

Basically I want that crystal feel on the front. But do they make an HD Anti-Glare + Crystal?

Also I will most likely be using a case too. Prob a 2 piece slider one. So maybe the ones with Case Friendly options are better? Or it doesn't matter.

Thanks

2. mpossoff macrumors 68020

I've tried many screen protectors and I like Moshi AG the best.

3. brokenbuyer thread starter macrumors regular

Have you used any screen protectors from the list above? What can you say about any of them?

Moshi AG is pretty expensive. It's $25 for only the front. Looks interesting, and you are the first to recommend it. Most likely will not be a candidate. Thanks for the suggestion!

4. gardiboy macrumors 6502a

Does the Moshi AG give the grainy effect like the other Matte screen protectors?

How does it compare to the PS HD AntiGlare?

5. brokenbuyer thread starter macrumors regular

6. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

I just put a phantom skinz on my iPhone 4 tonight and absolutely love it. I had a bodyguardz on my phone last week and didn't care for it.

7. class77 macrumors 6502a

class77

8. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

9. brokenbuyer thread starter macrumors regular

That's what I forgot.
    Yeah, reviews for the Bodyguardz aren't that good.

Heard their front screen is the best.
    Would the regular or matte Phantomskinz be better?

Have you used any of skins? I've been keeping PowerSupport pretty high on my list.

10. -y0- macrumors 6502

-y0-

I've always stuck with PowerSupport Crystal Clear for my iPhones. Looks great and easy to apply.

11. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

I had a powersupport crystal clear on my screen awhile ago and didn't really like it at all. It seemed to scratch easily, collect finger prints and grease quickly and it ruined the smooth feel of the glass. IMO, only a back shield is needed so you can set it down on hard surfaces. Otherwise, unless you are accident prone, you don't need a shield for the screen.

12. brokenbuyer thread starter macrumors regular

Considering the Power Support

So what would you recommend for a good back then? I'll prob fit a case too.

13. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

i ordered a zagg and sgp for the iphone 4 to have on hand just in case its a 4s.

14. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

I had a zagg on the back before but now have a phantom skinz matte on the back. I absolutely love it. Zero finger prints, and it's just rubbery enough so it isn't slippery and won't slide around when you set it down. Install was super easy and it has fully cured in about 15 hours. Look almost OEM.

15. -y0- macrumors 6502

-y0-

I actually have the Crystal Clear on the front and back. They look like glass and look very nice.

16. brokenbuyer thread starter macrumors regular

I don't really like Zagg. It ruins the glass feel of the original screen. So your fingers so of "stick" in a way. Which be just mine but I'm not going to try Zagg again.

PhantomSkinz is high on the list now

Is there a difference between Crystal Clear and HD Anti-Glare?

If I can get reviews on multiple products by the same person (hopefully multiple people) then I can come up with a conclusion. Then maybe this thread can be edited and be stickied or be a thread for all skins.

Recommended:
    1. PowerSupport Crystal Clear
    2. Power Support HD Anti-Glare
    3. PhantomSkinz
    4. Ghost Armor
    5. SGP Steinheil EX Ultra Crystal Clear

17. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

I said I had a zagg on the back of my phone, not the front. I have used multiple types of front shields but nothing compares to the bare screen. The back, on the otherhand, needs something so you can set it down without scuffing the back to hell. I can't vouch for the phantomskinz front shield as I do not have one.

18. brokenbuyer thread starter macrumors regular

Alright, I think I'll look for just the back then, if a lot of people recommend something then I'll prob still get it.

I'll need to still be able to put a case on it.

19. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

Phantomskinz is pretty thin and didn't affect putting cases on it. Same with zagg.

20. dqfayi macrumors regular

bumper case? waiting for tomorrow and then everything will be solved~

21. brokenbuyer, Oct 4, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011

brokenbuyer thread starter macrumors regular

Well, bummer about the iPhone 4GS. Wanted an iPhone 5.
    But anywho, still need to come to a result for the best screen protector/skin!

PowerSupport Crystal Clear has two votes now.
    And I'm considering PhantomSkinz

22. Amnesia87 macrumors 6502

I have had the PS Crystal Clear front and back on my iP4 since I got it last June. (I tried an SGP for like a week, but wasn't a fan...)

I loved the PS when it was new, but over time it has become more and more of a grease magnet, and it's gotten scratched up over the time I've had it.

Overall It's still crystal clear, not quite as nice as it started, but I don't think I'd have any issues at all if I just replaced the screens every 6-9 months...

That said, I'm definitely open to other options if there is something else out there that is substantially better.

23. pressplay macrumors newbie

Has anyone used a PhoneDevil screen protector? Decent reviews on Amazon.

24. himynameiscody macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

yeah idk which power support to go with. and if i should do front and back. i have a white 4s

25. vtclan macrumors regular

You wont be disappointed with either option. Get the anti glare if you hate fingerprints/like the matte look and can handle the slight loss in quality. Get the crystal if you want the phone to look as close to naked as possible.

Either way, my opinion is that a front and back shield is absolutely necessary unless youre using a case. As far as crystal screen shields are concerned, I think all these $15 protectors are a rip. The cheapo ones from monoprice work just as well with the same clarity.. The only difference is the cut and the rainbow effect which isnt noticeable at all for being a $1 dollar screenshield.