What screen protector?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by emacna1, Jun 12, 2012.

1. emacna1 macrumors regular

My girlfriend is getting an iPhone 4S today and we're wondering what are some good screen protectors we should look into getting.

2. rgctx macrumors regular

It really depends what you want to spend, i tried the high-priced ones and the cheap ones and didnt really notice anything different, i have been using these http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Lot-Screen-Protector-Lcd-Shield-Guard-Armor-Cover-for-Apple-Iphone-4-4th-Gen-/320917222213?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item4ab8283345#ht_3825wt_1157 and they are real good quality, they however just need to be changed out about every 6 months or so as they do pickup scratches just like any other screen protectors.

3. OneBigFatNinja macrumors member

My Zagg front and back doesn't have a scratch on it and never has, I do like Power Support, Zagg and BestSkinsEver also. Get what you pay for with screen shields imo.

4. frag2 macrumors member

5. GalvaJ macrumors regular

GalvaJ

Power Support USA all the way. You can buy sets of 2 for $15. They sell Crystal films as well as Anti Glare films which are great for keeping fingerprints away.

6. oneapplegeek macrumors regular

oneapplegeek

I started with zagg' screen protector. I don't know what's your price range. But, I would recommend you to use various product and pick one. ;)

7. emacna1 thread starter macrumors regular

I appreciate your response. I buy cables from monoprice all the time and never knew they had iPhone accessories. I got a 3-pack of Matte screen protectors for her. Now the trouble with putting them on :rolleyes:

8. Drunken Master macrumors 65816

Drunken Master

This is why I go to the mall; yeah, I'm getting ripped off but the people that put them on do a good job.

Every time I try to do it myself, it turns out awful.

9. white4s macrumors 65816

didn't know machines had genders lol

10. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

just got to have patience and a dust free room (I prefer the shower method)

11. yui4 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted

Sgp ultra crystal front & rear or power support anti glare hd, depending on whether you prefer non fingerprint style or not

12. Burton8219 macrumors 6502

SGP Ultra Optics or Ultra Oleophobic... Ultra Oleophobic is basically the Crystal Clear with less fingerprints. I'm using the Ultra Optics now, which takes about 5-10% off the retina quality of the screen and even less fingerprints, but I'm placing an order tonight for some of the Oleophobic to see if there's a huge difference in screen clarity. SGP all the way though... pricey, but worth it. Don't buy eBay protectors... spend 13 bucks on a protector that will be good for a few months instead of spending 10 bucks on 5 you'll need to change after a week or so.

13. danetello macrumors 6502

I would recommend the SGP Ultra Oleophobic. It is pretty pricey compared to other screen protectors but you will thank me when you see it on your phone!
    They apply pretty flawlessly if you use the included card. Also I don't recommend getting the anti-glare screen protectors as they seriously reduce the quality of the screen. After you have spent all that money on a 4S, why would you want to reduce the screen quality!

14. Drunken Master macrumors 65816

Drunken Master

You want me to take my phone in the shower?

Dust is everywhere, how can I have a dust-free room? That's like what astronauts have in those giant vacuum-sealed chambers.

15. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

I purchase my screen shields on eBay. I normally get 5 front/back for $2. I'm not worried about if I mess one up and if I get scratches on it, I just throw on another one. I've had this screen shield on for about 4 months now. A few minor hairline scratches that you can hardly notice but I'm planning on switching it out soon. Still 2 more left.

I've tried screen shields for $25+ ... It's all the same crap. Save your money.

16. Fouracre44 macrumors regular

I used to buy all my screen protectors on ebay, amazon or just use the complimentary ones that came with cases!

I recently bought a power support HD anti glare film and I would say that it makes the screen a pleasure to use. It is retina compatible and just looks beautiful. It's great quality, very protective an does the job well! Also makes the screen a pleasure to use, it just glides! :)

17. Mobile923 macrumors 6502

Moshi iVisor.

-$20
    -Removable
    -Reapplicable
    -Washable
    -Smooth feel

18. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

i meant run the shower for a little while, the steam will drop the dust and create a more "dust free" environment

19. TL24 macrumors 6502a

TL24

lmao! :d

20. ipsychedelic macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

I had a lot of trouble with those. Took me 3 or 4 of them, couldn't get rid of the damn bubbles (for the iPad, different story, I used just 1 of them monoprice too).

Oh and have in mind monoprice also sells "full body" ones that are basically screen and back (and I think same price).

He was referring to her girlfriend (the owner of the iPhone).

21. takeshi74, Jun 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2012

takeshi74 macrumors 601

Depends on what you're looking for from a screen protector. There are countless threads you can refer to for ideas. PS and SGP are a couple of popular brands but they're by no means the only options out there. Picking one depends on your preferences. Does the texture matter? Do you want matte or antiglare? Crystal? Oleophobic? Tempered glass? Budget? Not all screen protectors are identical. Don't assume that your notion of "good" is universal.

Price is just price. Make sure you're buying what suits your needs/wants. Zagg and BSE aren't good options if you can't stand orange peel.

Cars and ships are commonly referred to with female pronouns.

It's like a crystal. After a while it's totally like a crystal as the oleophobic coating wears off.

Shower method has been discussed countless times in prior screen protector threads. Read up and learn.

Again, all this is covered in the countless prior screen protector threads. It's by no means anywhere near a new topic.

22. white4s macrumors 65816

bought 6 matte front and crystal back sets on ebay for $1.30. anyone dropping $5+ on these pieces of plastic enjoy to piss away money i guess lol they really all do the same. except for that sgp one but $30!?

23. emacna1 thread starter macrumors regular

I was already helped by a lot of nice members. I think your post was unnecessary and if you don't feel that this thread is "worthy" then you don't need to post in it or read it.

24. App King macrumors member

I spent like $10 on my screen protector and it works great. Got it from amazon, forgot the brand.