What screen savers do you use?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by bdodds1985, Feb 8, 2012.

1. bdodds1985 macrumors 6502a

bdodds1985

Besides the apple ones and the ones that come with lion, I am curious to know what screen savers everyone uses. I have seen a couple good ones and some that there are still links for, but the links end up being bad.

so, if you are using a cool screensaver, post a description of it and a link to download it.

2. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

I didn't know anyone actually used a screensaver anymore. As far I was aware, it's antiquated technology from the CRT era when burn-in was actually a problem. With display technology as it stands, burn-in just doesn't happen anymore.

3. bdodds1985 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bdodds1985

do you put your display to sleep? or just not use anything at all? If I have my computer on all the time i set up a hot corner to go to the screensaver and set it up to ask for a password. that way when i leave i just swipe the mouse to one corner and its locked without disconnecting my internet and anything else.

4. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

Display sleep is set to something like an hour for my desktop. On my MBP, I have no idea - I close the lid when I'm finished.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I rarely use one. Only when I'll be away and don't want to interrupt something running, but want to lock the screen. When I do, I use BlackenedPixels, which leaves the screen completely black.

Post Your Screensavers

6. Ashka macrumors 6502a

Ashka

Ephemeral is a screen saver that draws animated IFS fractals, giving an ever-changing display of complex, natural shapes. It uses OpenCL (a new feature of OS X introduced with Snow Leopard) to harness the power of your GPU to efficiently perform the IFS calculations.

Works fine with Lion = my favourite screen saver.
    http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/33171/ephemeral

7. bdodds1985 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bdodds1985

thank you. I did not think to search the picture forum. I was kind of wondering where to post something like this and had no idea you could screenshot the screensaver. good stuff.

edit: nvm, those aren't "screenshots";)