What screens are people getting?

mikeinmontreal

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2007
Now that the posts re: negative blacks are slowing, I was just curious what screens people were getting with the newer iPhones. I unlocked a buddy's iphone which was a week 39 with a 5-series screen. I am picking up a week 41 this week from a friend and will comment on that screen when I determine its ID No. Both are 7U7 batches if that makes a difference.

chr1s60

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2007
California
Now that the posts re: negative blacks are slowing, I was just curious what screens people were getting with the newer iPhones. I unlocked a buddy's iphone which was a week 39 with a 5-series screen. I am picking up a week 41 this week from a friend and will comment on that screen when I determine its ID No. Both are 7U7 batches if that makes a difference.
I don't have a newer iPhone, but I have seen a few posts asking about this type of info. How do you know what week your iPhone is and how do you know about the screen?

Geffen

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2007
Michigan
I don't have a newer iPhone, but I have seen a few posts asking about this type of info. How do you know what week your iPhone is and how do you know about the screen?

The build weeks are the 4th and 5th digits of the serial number, for example if you have a 7R738**** serial number your build week is 38.