What second display do you use with your iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by spib, Oct 14, 2011.

1. spib macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a 2010 27" IMac and I need a second display to go with it so I don't have to keep switching between windows.

What displays are you guys using with your iMacs? I was looking at the 27" Cinema Display but I'm concerned that two 27" monitors would be too large, on the other hand I'm worried that if the second display was smaller (in resolution and physical size) it would be difficult to read or too jarring moving from one screen to the other.

Any advice gratefully received

James

2. c50cnameless macrumors newbie

I use a 17" BENQ cheapo monitor with my iMac which just holds my Mail and/or internet sites I'm researching on. However I am thinking of getting another 17" to put the other side so I can have internet on one and mail dedicated to the other...

Only downside is it doesn't line up with the iMac, I've been looking for some sort of mount which I can connect from my iMac to my monitor, an arm that will enable the monitor to sit at the same height as the iMac

3. Makaveli6103 macrumors 6502

4. Dresevski macrumors 6502

I have a Dell 24" something and it's approximately the same physical size, however there's something to be said for the resolutions being equal. If I could afford to get the ACD I probably would or the 30" Dell. There's a cool picture on Engadget with 2 30" guys hooked up to a 27" iMac and it's amazing

5. lc25 macrumors 6502

48" Samsung HDTV, works rather well for me anyways.

6. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

I have a 2011 27" iMac with an Apple Thunderbolt Display. They do take up a ton of space, to be sure, but they also offer me a ton of space to work with.

7. iubhounds macrumors regular

iubhounds

I use a 27" Apply Monitor with my 21.5 iMac. Works great and love it.

8. rpmucha23 macrumors newbie

9. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Similar setup as rpmucha23 very nice by the way, only difference is I have a 12" Wacom Cintiq :D

10. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I Use

A 42" Toshiba Smart TV...Networked. But I really find the 27" display on my iMac is enough to work on....Just use the TV to preview stuff.

11. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

24" Samsung works for me. Doesn't take up too much space across both desks. :rolleyes:

Cheers,