What setting do you have for 'auto lock'?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DramaLLama, Nov 19, 2013.

1. DramaLLama macrumors 6502

1 minute? 2 minutes? What do you have it set to? (time before the screen turns off)

2. sjperformance macrumors 6502

3. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Five minutes, but I lock the phone before I put it back in my pocket so it really doesn't matter. I've always turned off the screen / locked my smartphones as soon as I'm done with it. I wish the passcode requirement was not Immediate on the 5s with TouchID enabled.

4. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Unfortunately Apple made autolock immediate for the fp sensor, why I have no idea. If it was for security then why does the passcode have the option to delay autolock?

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I have it set to never. But ScreenDimmer (jailbreak tweak) is set to dim at 2 minutes and turn off the backlight at 3 minutes. It's motion sensitive so when I pick the screen back up it lights back up. ScreenDimmer is also set to auto lock when disconnecting from AC power.

20 Second Lockscreen (jailbreak tweak) intercepts the autolocking and locks the phone but leaves my screen on, which is what I wish because I often leave the phone on for a moment to check the weather on my lockscreen (Forecast, jailbreak tweak). But, 20 Second Lockscreen gives me 60 seconds on battery and AC/Power. I can set it as high as 20 minutes on battery though and Forever when on AC power.

Needless to say, I am jailbroken on iOS 6.1 :D

6. 617aircav Suspended

This annoys me and makes no sense.

7. DramaLLama thread starter macrumors 6502

By Auto-Lock in the settings I'm pretty sure it just means when the screen turns off which locks the phone.. so if you don't turn it off yourself then it will turn off in the set amount of minutes.. doesn't delay the actual locking of it if you turn it off yourself.

8. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

This makes no sense. You set it for 1 minute and it'll go to sleep (i.e. auto lock) if you don't play with it for 1 minute.

9. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

You can't set it for one minute if you have the fp sensor enabled.

10. 617aircav Suspended

You cant set the time you want the screen to require a passcode. On my 5 i could set that to 10 min, and if i lock the screen and wake it before 10 min it wont require me enter the passcode. Now I have to enter it every time the screen sleeps.

11. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Yes, I can. I fp unlock the lock screen and if I don't touch the home screen for 1 minute it goes to sleep and eventually re-locks.

12. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Sorry, thought we were talking about something different, I don't care about that. I'd like the ability to change the time frame to require an unlock. If you use the passcode you can choose various time options, but if you use the fp sensor you HAVE to have it require a passcode immediately. This doesn't make sense.

13. Dominicanyor macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

14. dsh3 macrumors 6502

dsh3

Fingerprint sensor, most likely.

15. Dominicanyor macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

Thanks.

16. Mindy60 macrumors regular

Perhaps I am confused, but when I set the auto lock to 2 minutes it locks in 2 minutes and I am using the fp sensor. So what gives about this thread? "password requirement is immediate with fp sensor" :confused:

17. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Immediate, even before Touch ID.

Anything else is akin to leaving the car running with the keys in it. You're just asking for a
    Headache.

Only with Touch ID the wake up action via home button is the same as unlocking. No extra action needed. It's been very seamless for me.

18. Mindy60 macrumors regular

Thanks. I don't know why I wasn't computing that. :eek:

So far fp sensor is working wonderfully for me. But as for autolock, I have it set to 2 minutes.

19. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

On my iPhone 5 I have set it to 3 minutes but I usually switched the phone off just after use

20. boobie12 macrumors 6502

As in when you lock your phone then unlock it how long before they require and passxode. With fingerprint sensor on its as soon as you lock an unlock. Hope that makes some sense.

21. Twimfy macrumors 6502a

Twimfy

2 minutes but after 5 years of iPhone use I pretty much always lock it myself. The 2 min window is just handy when driving when it's in the dock.