Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Temujin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2005
Copenhagen
What's the shortcut for that darn thing?
Turned it on by accident and had to restart to turn it off.

Temujin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2005
Copenhagen
That's what I thought. Then my keyboard is messed up!
When writing notes in class today, the U, I, O, J....... keys changed into numbers, and backspace didn't work. No Num Lock. I had to restart to fix it.

What might be causing this problem?

Unorthodox

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2006
Not at the beach...
Thats what num lock does. It changes the 7, 8, 9, U, I, O, J, K, L and M keys to 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0.
Just hit F6 again to go back to the regular keyboard. :)

Temujin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2005
Copenhagen
Lacreo said:
Thats what num lock does. It changes the 7, 8, 9, U, I, O, J, K, L and M keys to 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0.
Just hit F6 again to go back to the regular keyboard. :)

I didn't hit numlock (F6), thats the strange part. And backspace didn't work either.

Unorthodox

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2006
Not at the beach...
Temujin said:
I didn't hit numlock (F6), thats the strange part. And backspace didn't work either.
Well, the solution is simple then. I (oh course) thought it might come down to this, the answer is, im sorry to say; you computer has been inhabited be an evil demon.

The cure? Try drowning it in your local churches bowl of holy water :)

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
Lacreo said:
Well, the solution is simple then. I (oh course) thought it might come down to this, the answer is, im sorry to say; you computer has been inhabited be an evil demon.

The cure? Try drowning it in your local churches bowl of holy water :)

If I were to dip my iBook into a bowl of holy water, it would melt away. I don't know about anyone else...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.