what should a newbie do?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by apvo91, Sep 6, 2011.

1. apvo91 macrumors newbie

I finally brought a MBP 2007, I'm familiar with the iphone and ipad but I always thought macbooks were OP compared to pcs. So I finally just brought a old one to test out. I upgraded it to lion and wondering what a newbie should download or do with it first?

2. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

Depends what you want to do.
    Maybe try using safari and surf the internet.

Theres alot of things mac can do.

3. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

There's plenty of apps out there for you, but what are you needs?

A few apps are coconut battery, totalfinder, bashflash, apptivate, little snitch, bettertouchtool. There's plenty of threads on what to get :)

4. Hackint0sh macrumors member

Hackint0sh

5. apvo91 thread starter macrumors newbie

wow I didn't know you could use the app store for macbooks? I thought it was only for ipods/ipads/iphones o__o

6. Young Spade macrumors 68020

If you have Snow Leopard or Lion, you should have the Mac App store. Go to the Apple, click system updates, and make sure that your system is updated.

It's pretty much amazing.

7. RayK macrumors 6502

Lion will also have the Mac app store. Try iMovie, iPhoto, and GarageBand. All great programs. Enjoy.

8. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

how do you like your 2007 MBP? I am thinking about getting one but they said it is NOT worth getting old 2007 MBP...they want my hands on brand new 2011 MBP!!

9. apvo91 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's up to you if I had the money I would personally get a new MPB 2011 with those i7 processor, if your only willing to spend 500 and below the 2007 MPB isn't bad either, 2.4Ghz dual core with 4gb ram (upgraded) is still very great! Plus it's 15inches

10. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Yeah I am sure I will get 2012 MBP next year. I am curious about your MBP is it very heavy to carry around? I ask because my PowerBook G4 is way too heavy for me I can't run that fast while carry it.