What should be improved with the App Store?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by houdinize, Jun 29, 2009.

1. houdinize macrumors regular

Couldn't find a specific thread on this. So here goes…

-why no landscape keyboard when writing reviews?

-no cut, copy from dev descriptions (useful for copying email addresses for feedback - or just make them linkable)

-when you go to the next 25 apps and go into an app then back out it takes you to the top again (was this fixed with 3.0?)

-definitely a favorites section for bookmarking apps and sending and recieving recommendations for apps from/to friends

-some kind of algorithm like netflix has that recommends apps for you based on purchases (you already know apple keeps track)

-better searching ability

these are just a few I thought of right after spending some quality time in the app store

2. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

Definitely better browsing! It needs sub menus or something because when I click on Productivity for instance, I dont want to have to scroll through 60+ pages looking for a specific type of app! If you dont know the name of what you are looking for, just looking for something to fill a need, you're screwed!

3. genetic macrumors 6502

how about the ability to have an update notification pushed to your phone? i would like it to just push the update to your phone and automatically update the app but im pretty sure that would completely annihilate apple's servers. maybe in the 10th iphone :p

4. nutmac macrumors 68040

Having to enter password to download free apps and free updates is my #1 gripe.

5. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I want the option to browse apps by rating.

That is all.

6. Linkmobile macrumors newbie

It's sensible thing Apple should do.