What should be in next iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by h0n24, Sep 6, 2015.

1. h0n24 macrumors newbie

h0n24

2. Apples n' Stone macrumors 6502a

Apples n' Stone

Talking game changer? Completely unrealistic for the next iPhone but perhaps the 2016 or 17 model.

•4K Retina display panel, but PPI is irrelevent at this point as the human eye cannot tell the difference. Just android spec boosting.
    •The "Fuel Cell" catridges that have been in the news lately for drastically improved battery life. Mine lasts a day but we are talking about changing the game.
    •Possibly an intel-based processor such as a Core M to use that new battery at an incredibly performance level. But again, this is simply to be way ahead of competition. I do not see this likely, more likely that perhaps a Gen X iPad Pro could have this.

3. h0n24 thread starter macrumors newbie

h0n24

Interesting ideas. I can not imagine a "Fuel Cell" cardriges, because it's a something to care a lot about (eg. to have replacements etc.). But that's probably just limited by my imagination. :)

It would be awesome to have a device that can last for a week or a month. Like nothing on the market can compete with that.

4. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

I think they will concentrate I reducing the size of the device with the iPhone 7 and 8 and keeping the same screen size.

5. h0n24 thread starter macrumors newbie

h0n24

Yeah, that could be awesome! Lighter and thinner device is a plus if they can keep the same level of battery life.

6. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

Lighter will happen, thinner will not. They will need to move up to thicker battery if they reduce the top, bottom and side bezels. The bottom bezel would only be reduced if they got rid of the home button completely. The top will be reduced with the iPhone 7 redesign. And hopefully by the iPhone 8 redesign force touch will have proven to be good enough to take over the home button duties.

7. h0n24 thread starter macrumors newbie

h0n24

Yeah, reducing battery for thinner bezzels makes more sense now (for me). Can't still imagine iPhone without something that much iconic as a home button. :)

8. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

You're quite the visionary. You had some interesting ideas.

I definitely want waterproofing in the form of hydrophobic internals rather than a bulky and fallible system of gaskets.

I'm always welcoming of any advances they can make in battery life and the camera and audio systems.

9. DynamicSausage macrumors 6502

DynamicSausage

I remember thinking the same about the iPod and it's infamous wheel, for this reason the iPod Touch will never sit right with me. Now look... it's as if that never existed. :( #160GBClassicMasterRace :p

10. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

11. Apples n' Stone macrumors 6502a

Apples n' Stone

None of it is a must have feature, but it would improve the experiance is how I see it.

12. h0n24 thread starter macrumors newbie

h0n24

On the other hand - why not? If that happen to be absolutely awesome and working with cardriges would be no prob at all and/or price for cardrige recharge would'nt be pricy, I bet it could happen to be must have.

13. DynamicSausage macrumors 6502

DynamicSausage

Let's say cartridges came in packs of 4, around £10 - £20, a pack lasts around a month of decent use and the phone comes bundled with an option Li-Ion battery for those 'just in case' moments. Along with a patent, Apple and the iPhone would probably become the invincible player on the phone market.

14. h0n24 thread starter macrumors newbie

h0n24

Yeah, just to counter-argument: recharge of iphone 6 plus costs something below 1$ per year (source: http://9to5mac.com/2014/09/25/iphone-6-plus-charging-cost/ ). It's like nothing as opposed to buy 4 cardriges monthly.

15. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

I would bet they will make the device thinner (less than 6.9mm thin), reduce the size of the top and bottom bezels by a bit, include fast charging as a main feature, and slightly improve on the A processor and cameras.

16. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

It s nice dreaming but I suspect the 6S will fail to include any of this neat stuff.

Except for a few why would one need a battery that last a month?

17. DynamicSausage macrumors 6502

DynamicSausage

I completely agree. The sole fact of having to buy cartridges of would put off millions but the week long battery would definitely make it worthwhile to many, myself included. That's why I mention the possibility of a bundled rechargeable battery.

Realistically I can't see that coming to reality but in an ideal world...

18. Apples n' Stone macrumors 6502a

Apples n' Stone

Ah, I see! I did not mean replacing the cartridge but if there was a way around it that would be useful. Or just make it have a large lifespan? There is some rumoured Kindle project to last a whole year which is intriguing. Allbeit comparing the specs of a kindle would mean the battery could power an iPad for maybe a month xD