What should i buy for Christmas Gifts?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by YouGoGlenCocoa, Nov 12, 2014.

1. YouGoGlenCocoa macrumors member

Hello everyone. Ever since i was a kid i have always wanted children. I was extremely blessed to have a little girl January 2014. Im buying her Christmas gifts now and although im not having trouble with finding things or ideas, i'm curious... What do you think is essential !?

She will be 11 months old on Dec 26th. What should every little girl have? I would like to get her a wagon to ride in. Ive already bought her a soft blanket, a over sized stuffed animal, and many other early childhood/learning toys. Im still shopping for maybe some disney movies and other odds and ends. But what would you think is something unique? Thanks and have a great day!

2. Learylvr. macrumors regular

Learylvr.

I bought my daughter a Teddy Ruxpin when she was a year old.. She loved it and still remembers it fondly. She's 26 now. Lol I found one on Amazon. Here's a pic.. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415819106.786109.jpg

3. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

I never had any little girls (have 2 boys), but one of the things we bought were children's books. Just short story ones that we could read to them at night before bedtime. They loved it and eventually had a small library of books the could choose from for us to read to them when they were small.

We have kept the books and plan to pass them on to our grandchildren. Kids love to be read too and we always found it was very calming for them just before sleep time.

4. YouGoGlenCocoa thread starter macrumors member

5. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

Lucky you. I used to read to my kids before bedtime, but the Missus put a stop to that after while. I like to use different voices for each character in the story AND tend to get a bit (a lot:p) melodramatic with the narration. It got them amped up and they would stay up until the wee hours of the night. Mommy was not happy.:( The ban was lifted ONLY IF I use the Ben Stein voice. The verbal sedative puts them out faster than you can say "Once upon time..."

6. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Get some Apple stickers with whatever else you get to familiarize her with the brand early ;) or don't since you'll likely be paying for the early devices she'll want :p