What should I buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by apple76, Dec 28, 2007.

1. apple76 macrumors newbie

I am planning on buying a new mac soon. This will be my fourth. I have a 1st generation 17 inch powerbook and the lcd is dead. I am planning on getting it fixed and using it for music recording purposes. So my dilemna is should I buy a macbook or a macbook pro? This computer will be used for iphoto, some photoshop, itunes, garageband, maybe some idvd, email, internet, etc... and should I wait for the macworld expo?

thanks for any input - Brian

2. ErikAndre macrumors 6502a

ErikAndre

Go for the Macbook pro, but certainly wait for the MWSF, as Apple may just refresh the current models (as well as introduce a new MBP "touch" line).

3. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

Where did this crazy tablet rumour sprout from, anyway? I read plenty on an smaller factor MBP (like a 12 or 13 incher) - but then someone always pipes up about an ultraportable 1 pound paper thin 6 inch MacBook with multi-touch trackpad, or an Apple tablet, or something equally ridiculous. What gives?! What could you even get done on such pointless devices?? :confused:

Just say no to the 6 inch MacBook, or 10 inch iPhone or whatever. It's a crappy rumour anyways... I'd cry if such a thing came out instead of a 12-13" MBP. :(

4. esco macrumors 6502

esco

haha, i'll take one of those iPhones :)

but to the OP, definitely wait for MWSF. And in terms of which computer to get, get the MBP. I've been using a MB since they came out (I was using a Powerbook G4 before) and am craving the MBP. Just skip the MB, you know you'll eventually go pro :D