What should I buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by nance2900, Mar 23, 2009.

1. nance2900 macrumors newbie

Okay...I have a PowerMac G4, the power supply is going out, thought about fixing it, but I need to upgrade my Creative Suite software since I am still in CS. and it requires the Dual Core.

I am a graphic designer and work with large files..I have an old Gateway2000 VX900 monitor and I am not sure what to buy that would work.

I really don't want to spend too much money...but I want to make sure everything can be compatible.

Can some one give me some insight on what to buy? Thanx!

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Whatever fits your budget would work, from Mac mini to Mac Pro.

Any current mac are much faster than a 5+ year old computer.

Get refurb if you want to save some money.

3. maccompaq macrumors 65816

maccompaq

A Mac Mini would do the job. You will need an inexpensive adapter to make your monitor work with the Mini.

4. blackhand1001 macrumors 68030

blackhand1001

Are you sure that CS4 requires dual core> I have ran the Mac version on a single core system and it ran just fine. They might just recommend it, but i doubt it requires it since i have personally used it on a single core mac.

5. nance2900 thread starter macrumors newbie

mac mini

If I were to buy a mac mini how is the space? I mostly work off external hard drives anyway.

Also...not sure if the CS4 requires it...but I am looking into the Master Collection, and I think some of the software might require it...I will have to check. I agree...the more top of the line I go the better, I have had my G4 for 7 years, I has been good to me..still runs fine too!

Thanks for all the insight.

6. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

base mini is one gig ram :eek::mad: and a 120 gig hard drive. Up the ram, and you should be fine since you work off of external drives.