What should i choose?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Joneslice, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Joneslice macrumors newbie

hello forum.

i am new to the forum and this is my first post i am a apple convert and currently own iPhone 4 and 4s and a iPad 2 64gb 3g but i am looking to buy a mac book pro as my windows laptop is on its way out.

i will be using it for photo/video editing, web browsing and normal stuff and maybe abit of light gaming nothing to major, what would you experienced guys/girls recommend for my needs?

cheers joneslice :)

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

i would suggest the base 15", even the i7 Quad Core 2.0 if you find one in the refurb section, upgrade to 8GB of ram after market

3. simsaladimbamba

Is the photo/video editing for fun or for work?
    If it is the former, you will get buy with any base model, you just have to choose the right screen size.
    I for once had a 13" MacBook and photo and video editing is more than possible with it, but the screen resolution is abysmal for advanced photo and video editing applications. For iMovie and iPhoto the small resolution of 1280 x 800 might be okay.
    I then had a 15" MBP with 1440 x 900 pixel, which was a bit better, but still quite small.
    I now have a 17" MBP with 1920 x 1200 pixel and it is almost heaven due to its screen real estate.

4. Goftrey macrumors 68000

Goftrey

Hey! Welcome to the forum!

If you're going to be doing the kind of stuff you've just mentioned (web, photo, video etc.) on a budget, I suggest getting the early Macbook Pro, they're great machines that are currently going for around £300-£350 in the UK. But if you're looking to get a new Mac I suggest getting either the Macbook Air or the Macbook Pro, I think the Macbook Pro's are the best Intel portable Macs to buy..

Hope this helps you out! :)

5. Joneslice thread starter macrumors newbie

cheers for the quick responses guys

i will be doing the editing for fun but i spouse you could call it work as i do take it serious as i make web videos for bmx related stuff anyway, i am thinking the base model 15" macbook pro and maybe in the new year a cinema display as i will be taking it around with me but when im editing it is ussualy back in my office at home.

not sure if this is the right place to post but i will be considering putting an ssd in, any advice or links to give me a bit of info.

cheers again for the response.

6. simsaladimbamba

This is the right place, as it is your thread.
    For learning more about Mac OS X:

Maybe have a look at Advanced Search to find similar threads:
    [​IMG]