What should I do before selling my Wii?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by viperguy, Aug 2, 2009.

1. viperguy macrumors 6502

viperguy

Should I delete all my Wiiware stuff?
    I don't believe the Wii stores CC info, but I should remove my store account from it just for security reasons..
    Anything else I should do before ebaying it?

2. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

To be honest, I haven't ever hear anybody ask that question.
    I mean, I understand with iPhones you have your phone number, your contacts, your SIM card, etc. on it. But, with a Wii, I'm thinking all of your purchased games from the Wii store (Forgot it's name), will probably be transferred.

3. spoon man macrumors 6502a

spoon man

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Don't delete the Shop channel, but remove your credit card account. Backup save files. Purchases aren't transferred so I dunno what you should do there - maybe contact Nintendo? Purchases are tied to that specific Wii system and not individual accounts.
    You might make a fair bit too; I've only known 1 person around here sell a Wii but they got what they originally paid.

5. viperguy thread starter macrumors 6502

viperguy

Thanks that was very helpful.. I'll get an SD card and backup the save data... then I should just delete all the miis and personal stuff and sell it with the extra purchases!

6. viperguy thread starter macrumors 6502

viperguy

Actually it looks like i will have to format the wii memory.
    My Wiistore account is actually linked to the purchases... if I delete my store account all the channels are gone. If I don't, the channels are kept however the transactions info will be available for the next owner to see, which includes the last 4 digits of my CC and my name..