what should i do? buy?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by malias4, Sep 5, 2011.

1. malias4 macrumors 6502a

malias4

Hello there, i d like some help of you if you have some spere time:)
    Si here s the story, at the moment i own a 3 year old fujitsu siemens laptop which is just surviving:eek: so i think it stime to go on a new buy..

The thing is i always wanted a mac and especially imac 21.5, i know the new model is out allready couple of months so is it a clever idea to buy it now new if prob end of the year the new ones come out?

Or should i get a used one lets say the i3 3.06 and live with it for 1-2 years and then buy a new one when they are just on the market?

I live in Holland and here the prices are 21.5 2.5 quad core 2011 model1149euro

I can get the last years model for about 750 used (i3 3.06 model 2010)

Last option to get just a new laptop with win7 for bout 500e and just wait and see..

Any ideas pls would be grateful, i know in the states prices are really lower and u have more options but here macs are bit pricey;)
    Greetings from a GREEK living in Holland :apple:

2. lamboman macrumors 6502

There will likely not be any new iMacs out until roughly May next year; most of the time, Apple will work on a one-year life cycle. And it's around four months old, I'd consider that a pretty new product still!

What will you be using the system for? I'd go for the new model, as it is a far faster system, but if you can't justify the price and will only be using it for browsing and the like, a refurb might be a good idea.

3. malias4 thread starter macrumors 6502a

malias4

Thanks for your reply, i ll use it just for casual internet surfing email skype forums and mayb litle photo and video editing..

Really no heavy profesional programs, i work in a restaurant so no need for heavy photoshop stuff or whatever:D
    Here we have no refurbs but from buy n sell sites i can get used ones..

So for sure may for the new models, ?

4. v7da1 macrumors member

for wat u say your going to use it for i suggest getting a refurb
    if u want speed add say an ssd with the money you saved.

5. malias4 thread starter macrumors 6502a

malias4

I can get the new model for bout 950euro from a guy who i know and he won it in a competition.. normaly cost 1150 here.. does it worth to buy it?
    its new in box unopened..
    if i buy a used one i ll have to pay about 800 for the previous model not the one with quad core and thunderbolt..
    Bit confused at the moment:confused: