What should I do? Buying an iPhone 4G.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by UltimaLink, Jul 25, 2010.

1. UltimaLink macrumors regular

Hey everyone, I've been on verizon's network but due to the fact my mom's boyfriend is on AT&T he said I could switch over to his plan instead of staying with Verizon. Now I'm almost positive I want to do this, but when I went to the AT&T store they said they were sold out of iPhones and won't get any in until maybe two weeks, but ordering online could be faster.

I'm considering ordering one off the Apple store, then going to AT&T to get them to activate it, will this work? Or do I have to buy it at the AT&T store? I'd assume they would activate it.

Also I'm getting a black one, will this mean I'll get one sooner when the white ones come out since everyone will want one of those?

2. Robby C macrumors regular

Robby C

Yes, ordering one off the Apple store and getting it activated and setup at AT&T will work. As far as your wait goes, no one knows when the white iPhone is coming out. Apple said "Later this year" which really is not specific at all. Could be August, September, October, November, or December. Now if you happen to wait till the white one comes out, then maybe. You can't really ask us though- nobody on these forums knows exactly when the white iPhone is going to be released.

3. UltimaLink thread starter macrumors regular

Oh? I thought the white iPhone 4 was being released this month or something.

4. Robby C macrumors regular

Robby C

Nope, Steve said that but it has once again been delayed.

Read here

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

That was the hope, which apple issued a press release disabusing people of that notion. It won't be available anytime soon

6. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

Just to nitpick with the title, it's simply iPhone 4. And if you order the phone online, you'll be able to set up the phone with AT&T on your own computer with iTunes once your phone arrives.

7. UltimaLink thread starter macrumors regular

Darn, I was hoping to get the black version while others raved about the white iPhones. Oh well, I'll just order the black one online and wait till I get it. Thanks for the help guys.

Also to the guy that is nitpicking at the title, I know that, but 4G sounds correct in terms of the fact it's the 4th generation of the iPhone. I'm just calling it that because I think it sounds cooler, too.

8. Bisz macrumors regular

The G for Generation in iPhone 2G and 3G/3GS is not in reference to the generation of the phone but the cellular service/standards. The iPhone 4 is infact a 3G device and calling it 4G is quite wrong and missleading because 4G cellular setrvice does, just not for the iPhone 4.