What should i do in this case?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by VietNam, May 1, 2011.

1. VietNam macrumors newbie

So i got my ipad's full body professionally installed at InvisibleShield booth at the mall for almost 10days now. It gave my a good feeling that my ipad is well protected but i trully hate the thickness, rubbery feeling when i use my thing. After searching this forum and some other websites, i have decided that i want the ivisor AG screen instead. Since mine is still within 30-day return period, should i come back there and ask them to remove the screen and get my money back(minus installation fee about $15?) but i do afraid that it will leave sticky orange peel on the screen, or the guy will purposelly scratch my ipad just because you know. Hope to get some advices from you guys in this case. Thanks.

2. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

It won't leave our iPad sticky and if it is, it's easy to clean off.

He/she probably wouldn't scratch it intensionally, and if they do, complain to the mall about the service and/or if you paid with a credit card, call the credit card issuer.

3. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

If they scratch it then you let them know they owe you am iPad. Invisible Shield is good at customer service, at least at their retail store in Salt Lake City, and they wouldn't do that.

4. VietNam thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your responds, however i paid him cash so calling credit card is out of options. So i think i gonna try to do that tomorrow and will post an update how it goes. Also have you guys ever tried Ivisor AG screen yet? I have matte screen on my iphone 4 and totally love it, so i just wait to see how my return goes then order that screen. Thanks again guys.

5. VietNam thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok so i went to IS booth today and tried to return the screen and i walked out unhappy with the result:mad:First the guy tried to show me how the screen is made and how strong it stretches, i told him i know it is but it leaves fingerprint everywhere and it is too thick for me. So he offered me screen cleaser for free, i said i dont want it, just wanted to return the screen. Then he said i need to get manager approval in order to do so, i was like are you kidding me right, nobody ever mentioned that policy to me when i installed it, he responded that he got introule before for returning it without manager's approval and kindly aksed me to come back tomorrow when his manager will be here. I dont know if i am too kind or not but i totally walked away cuz i know he is not going to this and i dont want him to loose his job anyway. But seriously, i am mad and i know if i go there tomorrow, i have to hear the whole explaination again about how great this product is. Will let's you giys know about my trip tomorrow.:mad:

6. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Check their return policy and stand firm that you want it removed. Don't let them resell it to you. If you are abiding by their return policy then don't take no for an answer. If they still give you a hard time, ask for their manager's phone number.

7. VietNam thread starter macrumors newbie

I do check out their return policy and mine is still within 30-day period for return. Mine was installed by their manager and he told me only the manager can do the return but when i was there, the manager was not thats why he asked me to come back later time, i meant seriously do i have to wait until good day that their manager decides that he wants to work in order to return mine. Their customer service sucks and i will not be noce the next time i come there to have mine remove.

8. Evmanw macrumors regular

Evmanw

9. VietNam thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, i did not get a chance to do it yet, have been working like a slave this week, but i still have 2 more weeks if i want to return it, so i will give it another shot sometimes next week. Will let you know how it goes, thank again for ur concern.:D

10. Blacklabel34 macrumors 6502

I would go sooner then later regardless if your within their return policy. If they have given you this much trouble it's only going to get worse as you get closer to the final day. Plus they might try to pull something....like only giving you store credit or some bs like that.

11. VietNam thread starter macrumors newbie

It is not even a store, it is a tiny booth at the mall, now you make me worried,. I will try to do it on Monday and update you guys with the result.:confused: