What should I do (iPod Buying Advice)?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iMacSE500, Aug 12, 2007.

  1. iMacSE500 macrumors member

    iMacSE500

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2005
    Location:
    M
    #1
    My girlfriends birthday is on Aug. 30. I am looking to buy her either an 8GB iPod Nano (RED) or 30GB Black iPod. She seems to like the nano better because of the size (doesnt need 30GB of storage and video). I was wondering what the current iPod nano speculations are (ie. updates coming soon?). Should I just buy her one and not worry about the new ones or tell her I will buy her an updated one when it comes out?
     
  2. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

    rockthecasbah

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2005
    Location:
    Moorestown, NJ
    #2
    If it's not going to be a surprise i would say just ask her what she would rather, have one now or wait a month for what could be a quite substantially upgraded iPod. If she doesn't need the 30GB of storage and wouldn't use the video capability then i would go with the Nano: it's cheaper, smaller, and great to tote around everywhere.


    It is likely that the full size iPod is going to have a major upgrade very soon, probably right when the Free iPod Nano College deal is over. This means mid September to October you could see updates. As for the Nano, it is possible the Nano may just get some spec. upgrades, price drop, or even a complete redesign, it's all a possibility. I'd say wait if you can, whichever way you go, but if she doesn't care about having the most new thing, both the Nano and 5th gen iPods are excellent.
     

Share This Page