What should i do? (jailbroke is gone after apple updated my ipod touch)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by jimbo23, Feb 22, 2010.

1. jimbo23 macrumors member

So i just updated my ipod touch.. not sure if i was supposed to but anyways now my touch is 3.1.3. Id like to jailbreak it again, how would i go about doing so?

thanks so much.

2. 1ofthedavids macrumors regular

+1. Also, you should change your title.... Apple didn't update your iPod Touch, you did.

3. jimbo23 thread starter macrumors member

Yes i did google it, but which jailbreak should i use? there is more than one i believe?

thanks.

edit: i have the MC model.

4. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

As a general rule, when you're using hacks (i.e. jailbreaking tools), it's a good idea not to do things involving your firmware unless you're "sure if [you]'re supposed to". This board (and every other iPod/iPhone hacking board) has, since the day 3.1.3 was released, been flooded with threads by people who did exactly the same thing as you. Why would you have upgraded??

It looks like you may be able to downgrade to 3.1.2 if you can find a copy of that firmware for the 2nd-gen Touch. Otherwise, unless you saved your SHSH on Saurik's servers, you won't be able to downgrade ever again, and you won't be able to jailbreak for the foreseeable future.

5. jimbo23 thread starter macrumors member

aw ****. no i dont think i saved anything. unless it does it automatically?

daaamn.

6. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

If you clicked "Make my life easier" in Cydia before Apple released 3.1.3, then it took care of things for you.

7. jimbo23 thread starter macrumors member

Sigh, no i didnt save it.

anything else i can do?

8. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Wait for the Dev-Team to find an exploit in the new firmware or sell it and find one that is still running an older firmware.

9. Abinator macrumors newbie

Mate if you have a second gen iPod touch (any gb) or 3rd gen 8gb (not 32 or 64gb) iPodtouch you can downgrade I done it without the SHSH file.email me if you want to know how.

10. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

If you have the 8Gb iPod you can download the 3.1.2 update for the 2nd gen iPod and apply it to your's with DFU mode. Then use RedSnow 9.3 to jailbreak it. Point it to the 2nd gen 3.1.2 update and click yes to haveing a newer model. This will jailbreak it and such. It is against forum rules to link you to the firmware for download, but the one you need is called iPod2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw Note: This will not work for the 32Gb or the 64Gb 3rd Gen iPod Touch.

11. jimbo23 thread starter macrumors member