What should I do: Pre-order or go to store on 24th?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TigerNation10, Jun 16, 2010.

1. TigerNation10 macrumors member

So I was able to get through on apple.com and have the iPhone 4 in my cart. I'm debating on whether to go ahead and order it and have it shipped on July 14th or should I go to the store on the 24th and try my luck there?

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

There will be ones in store. Best bet would just to go to the store and get one there.

3. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

You can always order it, but go to the store at the same time. They may charge or pre-authorize you now though for the phone. If you happen to get the phone by waiting in line (which I do not think it very likely only because a lot of people will be doing this), you can keep the order. If you do get a phone, you can cancel the order.

4. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I'd say order and have it shipped unless you really just want to wait in a long line with NO guarantee.

In the same boat I'd just order

5. kallyq macrumors regular

I'm thinking of putting in a preorder but then going to best buy/walmart, etc on Thursday and hoping to get on in the store. Will having a preorder on apple get in the way of my being able to order it in the store?

6. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

To be honest, I say wait in line and get one. I'm young (19) and kind of a nerd (Engineering student) and waiting in line is pretty fun. You meet some interesting people and you get to talking with them and its all in good fun. You're all waiting for the same thing so you all have something in common. Another thing is, I'm impatient too :p I want my phone the day it comes out. If you do wait in line, I suggest you get there at least 6 hours early just to make sure your not like 50th+ in line cuz you definitely wont get one. I can't wait until next week to not only get the phone but enjoy the waiting experience I had when getting the iphone 3G