What should I do w/iPod? Buy, wait, sell??

Discussion in 'iPod' started by crazydreaming, Apr 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazydreaming macrumors 6502a


    Apr 17, 2005
    Salt Lake City, UT -Westminster College
    May 17, 2004 I bought a refurb 3G 10G iPod for $210.

    This iPod is great and still great. However, May 17, 2005 is fast approaching (warranty gone).

    I would like to buy a 5G iPod if they are as exciting as they are anticipated when they come out. But, what should I do in the meantime? Should I:

    1) buy applecare and keep this iPod until the next Gen. come out?

    2) sell my iPod for about $180 (w/ dock, remote, carrying case, cables, charger...) and buy a mini w/ education discount?

    It would probably be cheaper to do go the mini route, than it would to buy applecare on an already old iPod and try to sell it even further down the road when a 3g is 2 generations behind...

    Also, it would also probably be easier to sell a mini when the 5G comes out because most likely, the minis won't be updated by then, so it will still be like a new mini. However, I like my 3G iPod!

    This is my thoughts, what are yours?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page